• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

speedking

Jan 20, 2018
Warrington, UK
pillred said:
Yea nah said:
How did you lift up the rear wiper? Mine only lifts 1 inch then gets stuck.
When you turn off the car push down on the wiper switch within 20 secs it should stay in the up position to enable lifting.
Rear wiper. Go to the gym, apply more force.

SAP14

Sep 24, 2018
Croatia
Yeah. I wasn’t about to do that without knowing it’s necessary and okay. I ain’t about to force something that seems like it didn’t want to move lol.

Now I know it’s okay. :)
hi, I had same issue, than removed plastic skirt and found out, as some one already mentioned, that you really need to apply more force. Do not worry, you will not brake anything, except if you are Hulk :)

Reactions: Davo01

Barrie2206

Oct 29, 2019
Northumberland
Hi I have been filling in some stone chips with touch up paint and wonder what to use to level the paint out once dried as it sits a little proud of the paintwork no clear answer online would a light rubbing compound applied by hand work ? If so any recommended brands

PeterP

Nov 2, 2018
Slovenia
Hi I have been filling in some stone chips with touch up paint and wonder what to use to level the paint out once dried as it sits a little proud of the paintwork no clear answer online would a light rubbing compound applied by hand work ? If so any recommended brands
Important thing when you do that to have a syringe with a needle and take away when you apply too much, otherwise sanding and then correction with a machine polisher... :p

Rotorhead500

Aug 16, 2018
Devon
Important thing when you do that to have a syringe with a needle and take away when you apply too much, otherwise sanding and then correction with a machine polisher... :p
Jim at White Details seems to do very well with a toothpick! I've never been brave enough to try it! Need to do a couple though.

Reactions: Barrie2206

GazmaN

Staff member
Oct 28, 2018
Darwin, Australia
Now that you've done it, and once it's totally dry and hard, I'd suggest a product like Meguiars Ultimate Compound to flatten it out a bit - it's pretty gentle. Once she's flush again, wax it up good and proper for seal and protection. Next time you get a chip use a Loew Cornell fine touch up paint applicator kit. Google it - lots of really helpful YouTube how-to vids :)

Barrie2206

Oct 29, 2019
Northumberland
Now that you've done it, and once it's totally dry and hard, I'd suggest a product like Meguiars Ultimate Compound to flatten it out a bit - it's pretty gentle. Once she's flush again, wax it up good and proper for seal and protection. Next time you get a chip use a Loew Cornell fine touch up paint applicator kit. Google it - lots of really helpful YouTube how-to vids :)
Thanks I’ll give that a look

Reactions: GazmaN

Frederik77

Dec 8, 2018
Melsele, Belgium
Well guys, not sure how... But I think I f* up. I tried to remove a scratch on my second door panel of the drivers side, probably scratched it by getting in/out of the car. I wanted to polish it out. Done it x-times before on my previous car and the one of my parents I thought I was getting a hang of it. Same product as always, same equipment, same steps, making sure the sun is gone etc...
When I wanted to check how things were going and rubbed off some polish by hand my "cloth" seemed dirty, when I looked from my cloth to my door my Heart skipped a couple of beats. I have no idea what I did wrong, but it seems like I went through the metallic coating :(.

Are there any experts in here who knows how I can to fix this issue?
20200626_180639.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: NULLOBANDITO

Dzhedaj

Sep 1, 2019
Lithuania
If you get it wet, does the color go back to normal?
If yes, it's the clearcoat, that got damaged and you could just get one of those scatch repair pens to carefully reapply it and then even more carefully polish lightly when it dries.

Frederik77

Dec 8, 2018
Melsele, Belgium
If you get it wet, does the color go back to normal?
If yes, it's the clearcoat, that got damaged and you could just get one of those scratch repair pens to carefully reapply it and then even more carefully polish lightly when it dries.
Nah, it doesn't even do that anymore :'(.
I took it to an expert this morning and it looks like I properly f* up. It's also too thick to fix it. I'll have to look out to repaint my 2 door panels (because it's on both) or get a wrap.
Their explanation is that modern day cars have water based coatings for environmental reasons and they're a lot more fragile to polish. :/

• Sad
Reactions: NULLOBANDITO

Rotorhead500

Aug 16, 2018
Devon
Nah, it doesn't even do that anymore :'(.
I took it to an expert this morning and it looks like I properly f* up. It's also too thick to fix it. I'll have to look out to repaint my 2 door panels (because it's on both) or get a wrap.
Their explanation is that modern day cars have water based coatings for environmental reasons and they're a lot more fragile to polish. :/
From what I've seen on my car, it's pretty soft / thin paint on the i30 too! :(

Who! Me.

Apr 4, 2018
Belfast
Just reading your post through experimentation I found out by chance if you ceramic coat the car it can withstand a lot and I mean the paint will hold up a lot better to polishing. I know it is a bit late for you now this has happened to yourself which is very unfortunate I know myself the paint on the Hyuandi in Performance blue is a pain to keep clean I find stone chips are a worrying occurrence on the hood and roof of the car even the side panels the wife says drive slower and the stone chips will not happen as much maybe she is correct.

Reactions: r_anderson96

r_anderson96

Oct 14, 2019
Glasgow
Just reading your post through experimentation I found out by chance if you ceramic coat the car it can withstand a lot and I mean the paint will hold up a lot better to polishing. I know it is a bit late for you now this has happened to yourself which is very unfortunate I know myself the paint on the Hyuandi in Performance blue is a pain to keep clean I find stone chips are a worrying occurrence on the hood and roof of the car even the side panels the wife says drive slower and the stone chips will not happen as much maybe she is correct.
Can second this, got a couple bastard stone chips on my hood and bumper and it bugs the hell out of me

Reactions: Rotorhead500

Paroparo

May 29, 2020
Trier, Germany
Hey there.

I plan to fully wrap my fastback next month and wondered if there is a product to protect the foil, similar to a ceramic coat. Maybe anyone know good ways to keep the foil clean and safe, or even know a product to ceramic coat a wrapped car?

While I'm waiting for a free slot at the foil guys I put on some wax to protect the paint from chips and filthy insects.
And of course, it startet to rain right after the first shift... :rolleyes: :Dnpwet.jpg

Dzhedaj

Sep 1, 2019
Lithuania
Same products you use on car paint generally work on the vynil.
Some water based sealants do wonders in terms of hydrophobic effect and are really easy to apply.

Reactions: Paroparo

Bigbruiseral

Mar 30, 2018
North east
Don't get too caught up in the ceramic world, it helps maintain the car in keeping it clean, it will help with UV however it wont do jack to protect your from chips and scratches, if you want to protect the paint PPF is the way to go but mighty expensive when done correctly

Reactions: Bu11eT and Kchar

Who! Me.

Apr 4, 2018
Belfast
I know it’s a bit late for @Frederik77 but here is a video I found which could be of interest of other members who have a paint issue and wish to rectify it maybe it will help maybe it won’t, it won’t hurt that’s for sure.

Reactions: Frederik77