• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Chunky i30n Owners

Hi all

Are there any :oops:chunky:oops: i30n owners on the forum? How are you finding it. I test drove one today and found the seats very firm and quite narrow, however did feel "hugged" so not necessarily a bad thing.

I've been looking at getting one since they came out and finally have rid of my company car so it's on the list but just wanted others views once they have run a few miles in on it? I appreciate that brand new as the demonstrator was everything is very firm.
Thanks in advance :)

PeterP

Hi all

Are there any :oops:chunky:oops: i30n owners on the forum? How are you finding it. I test drove one today and found the seats very firm and quite narrow, however did feel "hugged" so not necessarily a bad thing.

I've been looking at getting one since they came out and finally have rid of my company car so it's on the list but just wanted others views once they have run a few miles in on it? I appreciate that brand new as the demonstrator was everything is very firm.
Thanks in advance :)
On the subject of seats, i think they are made idealy for people weighing around 70-100kg, i had around 76kg when i first got the car, gained some weight and am around 82-83kg atm and i have to say before i was being tossed around more than i am now. But yeah if someone is bit more chunky as u say then they can feel a bit narrow. But i have to say in my father's Megane GT Line he has sporty seats and those things are not a pleasure to sit in :/ so our seats are pretty good i would say!

On the subject of seats, i think they are made idealy for people weighing around 70-100kg, i had around 76kg when i first got the car, gained some weight and am around 82-83kg atm and i have to say before i was being tossed around more than i am now. But yeah if someone is bit more chunky as u say then they can feel a bit narrow. But i have to say in my father's Megane GT Line he has sporty seats and those things are not a pleasure to sit in :/ so our seats are pretty good i would say!
Thanks Peter, I'm about 120kg so on the chunky side of chunky!

Varmint

I think you'll be fine.

I bought the car with 130 KG, never felt uncomfortable, even in longer rides.

Droped down to 110 KG, still no problems in longer rides.

The hugged feeling in my opionion is what the seats are designed for. No moving around in fast corners or slalom driving.

_Emma

I’m chunky and so is the bloke. I’ve done 32k miles in mine and not had any problems. Wedges you in the seat better!! The sides of the seats crease, but they do for the skinny lot so not too bothered. Done long runs, and daily it and all good!