• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Change Bluetooth ringtone in the car

ChristofR-N

Mar 12, 2018
When my phone rings, I can hear my phone's ringtone, but also the car's ringtone, which is some kind of piano track.
I don't seem to be able to change the car's ringtone, though.

Does anyone know how to do this ?

Mine doesn't do that, just amplifies my phone ringtone through the speakers (iPhone 8)

I asked the dealer about this and the tech guy said sure I30's have 5 0r 6 different ring tones, after 10 mins of pressing and prodding the screen he said that seems to be the only one you can have. The piano music is utterly depressing

Always had my own ringtone in the 3 I have driven but i know the piano tone you are talking about as had that on a previous demo years ago.

When my phone rings, I can hear my phone's ringtone, but also the car's ringtone, which is some kind of piano track.
I don't seem to be able to change the car's ringtone, though.

Does anyone know how to do this ?

Got the same on mine. Getting right on my... pectorals! :mad:

I get that too.
Haven't really tried looking for a setting.
Doesn't bother me that much I guess, but if anyone has any info, please do to share :)

I get that too.
Haven't really tried looking for a setting.
Doesn't bother me that much I guess, but if anyone has any info, please do to share :)

Only thing I've been able to unearth from various other forums, is that it seems to be an Android Auto software issue, as opposed to head unit. Worked fine on one phone, then goes u/s on upgraded phone or after App update.

One suggestion I have seen is to go in to the Bluetooth / Connection settings, open the Do Not Disturb option (this is for newer Samsung phones), and switch it off. (Or as I had to do on my S7 Edge, open Do Not Disturb, then you can customise which applications/functions are allowed).

Only set that this eve, so will test tomorrow at some point. If somebody rings me... :)

The default ringtone is "Moonlight Sonata" FYI.

It does look to me like this might be a limitation of the car not of the phone, best instructions I could find are these.

I have not tried this yet but android forums suggest:

In car menu:
1. Go to setup
2. Bluetooth settings
3. Select ringtone
4. Under use system ringtone, select the one you would prefer if it cannot use ringtone on phone
5. Go back to previous menu (Ringtone) and select Use Mobile Ringtone.

It does look to me like this might be a limitation of the car not of the phone, best instructions I could find are these.

In car menu:
1. Go to setup
2. Bluetooth settings
3. Select ringtone
4. Under use system ringtone, select the one you would prefer if it cannot use ringtone on phone

Not so sure John. Found a few threads on general Hyundai & Kia forums where owners have had their own ringtones one day, then been limited to the Sonata one the next, either after phone upgrade, or platform update (normally AA but I guess some could've been a software "update" on the car).

In car menu:
1. Go to setup
2. Bluetooth settings
3. Select ringtone

I'm looking to fix this issue also John, but I don't have the "select ringtone" option in the Bluetooth settings list. Anyone else? If not, is there another solution for this problem, other than, you know, muting the damn thing...

I reckon it's a phone setting. I used to get my Nokia ringing and the Hyundai piano ringtone at the same time. I've had my phone changed to a Samsung Galaxy and my selected ringtone now comes through the car speakers as well as the phone, no Hyundai ringtone in sight.
I never touched anything on the car.

Reactions: FastbackJLQ
I reckon it's a phone setting. I used to get my Nokia ringing and the Hyundai piano ringtone at the same time. I've had my phone changed to a Samsung Galaxy and my selected ringtone now comes through the car speakers as well as the phone, no Hyundai ringtone in sight.
I never touched anything on the car.

Hmmm... odd.

I've got an S7 and when I first got the N, I'd get the phone ringing and the Hyundai tune through speakers.

At some point in the last couple of months, something's gone AWOL and I now only get the Hyundai ringtone!

Hmmm... odd.

I've got an S7 and when I first got the N, I'd get the phone ringing and the Hyundai tune through speakers.

At some point in the last couple of months, something's gone AWOL and I now only get the Hyundai ringtone!

Intriguing.

Maybe a Galaxy software update.

I hope mine doesn't go back to before. It's annoying when the 2 tunes play at once.

I cant believe its too hard for either of them to make it possible to pick your ringtone!

All the aftermarket systems I've had managed it ok. :mad: