• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Change Bluetooth ringtone in the car

NULLOBANDITO

Staff member
So the main problem seems to be (from what I understand) that you'd need to uninstall AndroidAuto in order for Bluetooth Ringtone Sync to work... Maybe if I play around in the system manifests for a bit I can get this figured out...

I reckon it's a phone setting. I used to get my Nokia ringing and the Hyundai piano ringtone at the same time. I've had my phone changed to a Samsung Galaxy and my selected ringtone now comes through the car speakers as well as the phone, no Hyundai ringtone in sight.
I never touched anything on the car.
I don't think it's a phone software problem, because I connected via bluetooth the same phone to another car, and my ringtone poped, by default, without meddling the settings

NULLOBANDITO

Staff member
I don't think it's a phone software problem, because I connected via bluetooth the same phone to another car, and my ringtone poped, by default, without meddling the settings
I think it's more of a car/phone software combination problem. Our old Prius also supports my phone's ringtone via bluetooth, my i30 doesn't.

I think it's more of a car/phone software combination problem. Our old Prius also supports my phone's ringtone via bluetooth, my i30 doesn't.
Ok then, I hope this will be our biggest problem ever with the car :d...I'm still watching out for a fix for the headlight fog, other than that, engine runs like a dream, wish will do so after 500k mark!

NULLOBANDITO

Staff member
yes mate i never use, so far the sat nav has done me fine and i can even send a text with the "hey google" command
Now that I'll receive my Fastback N this week (hopefully) and currently have my i30 to play around, I can try to force some setting-manifest values (force the phone to use bluetooth ringtone sync with AA installed). I'll give you guys an update as soon as I've fiddled around a bit more.

I've poked around the developer options of my Sony XA1 (tapping 7 times over Build number in Settings > About phone), and I've found an interesting bluetooth option in network settings: Enable in-band ringing.

In other words, activates the incoming call ringtone over bluetooth.

This is for Android 8. In Android 8.1 may comes enabled by default (option is renamed as Disable in-band ringing), and in Android 9 is enabled permanently and it can't be dissabled as this feature has dissapeared of developer options.

But I couldn't test it because nobody calls me... :(

Edit 25 feb.: For now, I can confirm that the SMS ringtone sounds through the speakers.

Last edited: