• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Centre of Attention

This car really just continues to turn heads doesn’t it?!:cool:

I had parked in the car park outside one of the local shops yesterday and was waiting on my wife when a car that was leaving and driving by, stopped and signalled for me to open the door.

The guy was maybe in his 30’s, young professional type in a nice 4x4. He said ‘I love your car, stunning’ (along those lines) and I was a little embarrassed (but chuffed of course)!.

I have it on dash cam and it’s honestly, just one of the many, many examples of compliments we get frequently.

My wife actually said the other day that she doesn’t know where to look sometimes when another car pulls up beside her, and she knows the occupants are staring at the car!

Quite cool all the same isn’t it....

Got accosted by an older gentleman in a car park the other week (no, not in "that way" you filthy animals :D).

Wanted to know all about the car and if I was enjoying it. Apparently he'd owned Hyundai's for years and knew all about the N and said what a great noise it made.

One of the guys that works at the loading dock at work tells me a vehicle pulled in our lot and hopped out just to take a few pics around the car then drove off.

Hopefully just a random occurence and not someone I inadvertently disturbed.

Reactions: Crocoman
Always brings a smile to my face when people recognise an N, which is far from famous like a GTI for example.
Had a couple of thumbs up. A couple days ago we were leaving the parking lot of a grocery store when a guy pointing to our N to show his wife and kid.
A month ago a kid in my hometown was doing the "go faster" signal with his arm which ofcouse I did. The exhaust popped like hell in the small street with houses on both sides. The kid's face was epic :eek::D

I follow or am followed nearly every morning by a white N with Friedberg plates. We switch positions often. There re a lot of N's in the Frankfurt area. I've had a few thumbs up from Porsche and Mercedes AMG drivers and always get looks. My coworkers make fun of me for having a baby blue sports car but I work in a bank so that is to be expected a little. The vast majority of bankers are badge snobs. I laugh and offer them a ride, some have taken up the offer and love the car. For under 50,000 Euros there's nothing better on the market.

Reactions: Crocoman
I don't think this is amusing at all...
I try not to offend anyone by popping and banging through my (or anybody elses) neighbourhood. There's a place and time for everything.
This kind of behaviour will cause our kind of cars to be a lot quieter in the future, just because people get offended by it and will complain.
By the way, not the most representative kind of people for your neighbourhood I hope, but still... I would like to see the drive that caused this reaction btw, a bit to easy just showing the reaction of people...

I don't think this is amusing at all...
I try not to offend anyone by popping and banging through my (or anybody elses) neighbourhood. There's a place and time for everything.
This kind of behaviour will cause our kind of cars to be a lot quieter in the future, just because people get offended by it and will complain.
By the way, not the most representative kind of people for your neighbourhood I hope, but still... I would like to see the drive that caused this reaction btw, a bit to easy just showing the reaction of people...
That video has already been posted and discussed at length in another thread. The general message remains the same though - don't sh*t in your own nest.