• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Carwow review Fastback N 2020

That 0-60 is total BS, you can easily get sub 6 seconds if you stay in 2nd gear and get a proper launch from it, not dumping the clutch like that.

5.9 is the best I could do on mine, dry road, warm tyres using LC on N mode.

Just out of curiosity has anyone with a sub 6.1 sec 0-62mph actually have proof, and I mean not just the onboard timer?

I would happily provide such proof if someone gives me a "better" device to measure it ? :D I only have my onboard timer and sometimes have tried to use an iPhone for it with a passenger but that slows it down of course :)

I’ve not tried to launch however I think I read you need to shift gears just before 62mph which delays 0-62 vs 0-60 also you would need accurate timing gear as I’m not sure how accurate the speed is on the onboard computer

Reactions: TuDao
Just out of curiosity has anyone with a sub 6.1 sec 0-62mph actually have proof, and I mean not just the onboard timer?
Im with you. I have doubts about people claims.
Best time I've managed on multimedia system is 6.6 Saw a guy doing awesome gear changing on the autobarn in 6.4ish.
I'm not saying you guys are lying, I just want to see a video of sub 6 seconds with a stock car.

The best result I’ve seen in t tests with timing gear is 6.3 secs I’ve not seen anyone match the official 0-62 time of 6.1
not really bothered as I think it’s just hard to launch this car
official time for the new Focus ST is about 5.7 secs but a recent test resulted in 6.1 which included the N time of 6.3 in the same test so not bad seeing as the ST has 310lbs ft of torque

The best result I’ve seen in t tests with timing gear is 6.3 secs I’ve not seen anyone match the official 0-62 time of 6.1
not really bothered as I think it’s just hard to launch this car
official time for the new Focus ST is about 5.7 secs but a recent test resulted in 6.1 which included the N time of 6.3 in the same test so not bad seeing as the ST has 310lbs ft of torque
True, A focus st cost a extra 10 grand where I live. I know which one I would buy.

I would love to see a good comparison review of the new ST vs N. There is a german one, but while it is pretty decent, the guys are not very well informed and got a couple of facts and comparisons wrong. Would be nice to see more professional comparisons with track times, acceleration etc.