• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i30 N Carwow drag race w/ 325 bhp i30

SayMyNamyang

Sep 3, 2020
Porto

Anyone know how this gentleman acheived 325bhp with these mods and failed two launches?

Last edited:

Anyone know how this gentleman acheived 325bhp with these mods and fail two launches?

let's say I doubt it has either sustainable nor real 325bhp. You can achieve the bhp with overboosting the turbo quite a bit. But it won't play out through the whole RPM range. So it would've been just for the numbers and not for real world results. Also the 550NM are just torture for the clutch, it will hold about two more of these failed launches and then it's gone 😆

Last edited:
Also they listed the i30N as having a weight of 1429 Kg (3150 lbs), yet other sources state the i30N as having 1509 Kg (3326 lbs). I'd be curious to see where they got that number

Edit: Ok, so I found the official specs and both seem correct ://

1600047535452.png

Anyone know the difference between, kerb/curb weight (lightest) vs kerb/curb weight heaviest ?

Last edited:
Also they listed the i30N as having a weight of 1429 Kg (3150 lbs), yet other sources state the i30N as having 1509 Kg (3326 lbs). I'd be curious to see where they got that number

Edit: Ok, so I found the official specs and both seem correct ://

View attachment 14995

Anyone know the difference between, kerb/curb weight (lightest) vs kerb/curb weight heaviest ?
With and without sunroof ;)

Reactions: GazmaN
Ofcourse the Mini is fast, you can't keep up with a small beast with automatic transmission. That shaves off so much time.

Don't know the purpose of this drag race. 3 manuals, 1 auto, 2 stock cars, 2 tuned.... if that Type R was tuned stage 1 it would have 350+ hp and demolished atleast the i30 and ST.

Ofcourse the Mini is fast, you can't keep up with a small beast with automatic transmission. That shaves off so much time.

Don't know the purpose of this drag race. 3 manuals, 1 auto, 2 stock cars, 2 tuned.... if that Type R was tuned stage 1 it would have 350+ hp and demolished atleast the i30 and ST.

It's described in the video, the idea is to compare Drag capabilities with four similar cars with similar costs. Which is still BS, because if you slap 2-3K onto the i30 or the Focus, then I suppose not even the Mini could make it

Reactions: Bu11eT

Matt also took about 3 working days between each gear shift in the type R as well which didn't help

Bahahahahahaha! reminds me of the last guys that beat the cannonball run. They spent 10 minutes thinking they had ruined their tyres by the first few hours, and could not understand what was vibrating so intermittently at high speed

Turns out it was the lane assist, and they had no idea what was going on.. err...

Last edited:
I am still shocked how he got the car for £21k 😱

Surely it could not have been brand new...
Carwow were doing blackfriday deals at tonbdrige Wells Hyundai last November for 22k for brand new cars, so it's not too farfetched!
I got mine brand new last November for £22k (or very close to it). The discount worked out to over £8k IIRC.