• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Caltex 4c/Litre off with Hyundai Autolink for i30's

I got that email too @Baldrick
There are only two non-Woolies Caltex servos in this hick town and when I went to the first one some time ago their scanner didn't recognise the QR code. Will try the other one later this week...

I got that email too @Baldrick
There are only two non-Woolies Caltex servos in this hick town and when I went to the first one some time ago their scanner didn't recognise the QR code. Will try the other one later this week...
Just used the app to fill my wife's car. Caltex won't let me use my Motorpass fuel card with the Autolink offer. Bit tough really IMO. Anyway back on topic. The scanner did not like reading the QR from my phone either. The attendant was good though. Hold phone perfectly vertical and attendant pointed scanner at the phone. It worked. She said she thought the scanner did not like the lights in the servo. Reflections on the screen I expect. Even though the Autolink is not fitted to the wife's IX35 I can get the discount as I have the app registered properly. :cool::)

Reactions: GazmaN
Just used the app to fill my wife's car. Caltex won't let me use my Motorpass fuel card with the Autolink offer. Bit tough really IMO. Anyway back on topic. The scanner did not like reading the QR from my phone either. The attendant was good though. Hold phone perfectly vertical and attendant pointed scanner at the phone. It worked. She said she thought the scanner did not like the lights in the servo. Reflections on the screen I expect. Even though the Autolink is not fitted to the wife's IX35 I can get the discount as I have the app registered properly. :cool::)
Thankyou, and great timing - I'm 70km to empty :). I shall treat her to a tank of 98 and me to a weekend road trip :cool:.

Reactions: Stash-N
@Stash-N we tried your method but no dice. Tried multiple methods (lucky it was a quiet day) and ended up getting it to work by putting my phone flat on the counter with QR scanner held above it and servo attendants jacket suspended over both our heads to obscure the lights. Woulda looked pretty weird if anyone came in...Gurpreet and I had a bit of a laugh but he knows what to do now. Told him I'd be back to play Twister in a fortnight :p

Reactions: Stash-N
@Stash-N we tried your method but no dice. Tried multiple methods (lucky it was a quiet day) and ended up getting it to work by putting my phone flat on the counter with QR scanner held above it and servo attendants jacket suspended over both our heads to obscure the lights. Woulda looked pretty weird if anyone came in...Gurpreet and I had a bit of a laugh but he knows what to do now. Told him I'd be back to play Twister in a fortnight :p
Bloody technology! Great when it works and crap when it doesn't.

12c a litre discount at Caltex with Auto Link for a month from today. Time for some 98.
Does this mean you don't always use 98? :confused: Curious to know if you're running 95, which was tuned on & how you think it responds.
My car is leased so I generally don't look at what the price is, I just fill it up.

Does this mean you don't always use 98? :confused: Curious to know if you're running 95, which was tuned on & how you think it responds.
My car is leased so I generally don't look at what the price is, I just fill it up.
I run 95 about 80% of the time. Car is completely stock and 98 is almost two bucks a litre up here. Gets 98 for track and once every month or two in the hope the additives actually do something to keep injectors, etc. clean. I find performance increase negligible with 98 anyway. But when I intend on giving her a decent flogging I'll go for it, just so I have a bit more peace of mind and don't have to worry about detonation. Basically - just when I am feeling frisky :)

Last edited:
For you Aussies I recommmed using the PetrolSpy app, and get to know the fuel price cycle (aka price fixing conspiracy which the ACC fail to address).

The charts below are for 91RON. However just add 20c per liter for 98. Probably saves me $25 a fortnight across 2 cars.

In Adelaide it’s a 2 week cycle.
In Perth it is 1 week.
In Melbourne it’s 4 weeks.
In Sydney and Brisbane it’s 3 weeks.
In Darwin, Canberra and Hobart it has no cycle.

8D14E175-B997-467A-BECD-6C2747ED8D69.jpeg2C6E75DB-20DF-4E54-8A54-CBC7A3C7D3B2.jpeg