• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Brakes Caliper Paint Issues

R Veloster N

Nthusiast
Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
@Kev_G he's correct in saying, it won’t last. The issue is not just heat but contamination from brake dust and common road debris.

Realistically, the caliper needs to be stripped clean, surface prepped then repainted with a high temp enamel paint, decal added, then clear coated to seal it.

As he stated, try another dealership who is more customer oriented. It’s worth the time and effort.👍🇺🇸

Last edited:
Reactions: Kev_G

Chumley-Biscuit

Nthusiast
Feb 8, 2022
Dunfermline, Scotland
I'm fortunate in that they are minor scuffs, unlike another Nthusiasts member whose i20N caliper paint seems to have just flaked off in a big chunk! He's been custard pied by the dealers too ...

NTastic!

Nthusiast
Oct 19, 2021
UK
I agree on a brand new car if anything is defective then it should be for a dealership to fix, doesn't matter what it is! Even touching up minor scuffs that have come out of the factory, we've paid good £$ for a car so it should be fixed under warranty! I'm really picky so I wouldn't be fixing it with what is effectively touch-up paint. Each to their own but I would be getting it sorted by Hyundai. 👍

PS I had a very minor crack within the B pillar outer plastic trim on my Santa Fe when I first got it. You could only see it in certain angles but I could see it and knew it was there and that was after driving it for a couple of months. I took it to my local dealership and they did it under warranty with no arguments, even though it was an apparent pain to replace.

Last edited: