• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Buy now or wait?

WaNted

Jan 16, 2021
Stockton UK
Hi all,

Joined this forum as I'm 99.9% sure I'm going to buy a i30n.

As I currently don't have a car or haven't since early December the question is, do I buy the old model now at the current prices? Or wait for the new one? There isn't anywhere near the old "black Friday" deals ive come across on here or I would of snapped one up without thinking twice, looking at £24500 for a demo with really low miles. So I'm currently ringing round dealers to see if there's any pre reg stock that might need off loading cheaper than the £27k advertised prices. I'm going to be buying outright so what's peoples thoughts on the prices atm? Think there will he a huge drop come late Feb when the new one is due to be released?

Prices are not really moving at all. They are selling the last of the cars off like hot cakes in order to sell the new shape as of march / april.

Try car wow best bet but you wont get a mega deal like old black friday deals

I myself am currently looking for a good deal,but am waiting on a shadow grey to pop up at a good price. Possibly going down the pcp route tho it’s not something Iv done before.

I myself am currently looking for a good deal,but am waiting on a shadow grey to pop up at a good price. Possibly going down the pcp route tho it’s not something Iv done before.
For the price of them better off getting a bank loan if you can. The overall repayable is alot lower than pcp. Any colour will do me i like them all!!

IMHO buy used or wait for a new model. It looks better, especially front lights, have much nicer infotainment and it will have option of DCT. First reports are praising this DCT

IMHO buy used or wait for a new model. It looks better, especially front lights, have much nicer infotainment and it will have option of DCT. First reports are praising this DCT
Tbh I really like the current mk1 and not sure on the new one yet,tho im sure it will grow on me,and think I’d prefer a manual anyway!

Like others have said, prices have been pretty steady without many huge deals to be had out there so you might be better off just snapping up the one you have your eye one. If I were in your shoes I'd probably go for the older model seeing as that you don't currently have a car (not sure if you need one right away). I know I definitely have a hard time turning away from one I've had my eye on even if there's money to be saved down the line!

I'm in a similar position, 99.9% sure I will get an I 30 N next but I do currently have a car I can put towards it. Problem is I'm not using that at the moment because I work from home so much so i'm thinking to probably wait a year then see what the market is like.

They seem to be just around 20k in the second hand market at the moment.

Like others have said, prices have been pretty steady without many huge deals to be had out there so you might be better off just snapping up the one you have your eye one. If I were in your shoes I'd probably go for the older model seeing as that you don't currently have a car (not sure if you need one right away). I know I definitely have a hard time turning away from one I've had my eye on even if there's money to be saved down the line!
Yeah I do need a car now tbh, just managing without but its not good for my Mrs. I should bite the bullet really!

I looked at the i30N when they first came out: full price, no discount to be had. Ended up buying one 18 months later in one of the CarWow deals.

Depends how badly you need a car really: if you need one then I'd go for the ex-demo model. If you can wait and you don't mind paying full whack then go for a new one. There may be some deals on after all, COVID has changed the landscape somewhat.

I bought mine new in Nov 2018, I had already used Carwow so I knew what deals were available, I used these figures as a bargaining tool at my local dealers, CMC in Harlow. Got £1500.00 off the on the road price. You've got to haggle and be prepared to walk away, they can sense that. No finance involved at all.