• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Bucket Seats

Hodei

Oct 25, 2019
Spain
Hello everyone.
Im interested off putting some bucket seats to the car because i dont feel confortable in the stock seats.They are so tall in the lower position and when the corner speed is high they dont hold the body very well...
Has anyone put ones?

Have a look around the members cars section, there are several guys already having put bucket seats. Recaro Pole Position you can even get from Hyundai themselves.

have you found a solution for lowering the drivers seat?
No,
I have taken a seat out and had a good look at it.
It is not possible to lower the oem seats anymore.
There is just so much mechanical wizardry going on it is too complex to lower the seats. An extra 5mm would be possible but it would take too much efford to only gain 5mm...

So the best option is aftermarket im affraid.

Any brand that had developed brackets so far? I cannot believe that there is anything available for the I30N on the internet.This is really frustating...

eveloped brackets so far? I cannot believe that there is anything available for the I30N on the internet.This is really fru
What do you mean by brackets? There is just no room for any modification on the OEM seats.

It is very hard to lower your seating position if you need your seats to be adjustable (to the front and back). But if you can installed them to fixed position, just buy a set of the longest univeraal alu brackets and mount them straigt under Oem points with Oem bolts. It is what I did with my seats.
23B4365A-5620-4210-857C-F82D7B3464C7.jpeg

Attachments

• E16904B0-C309-4555-8935-53CE5023FCCB.jpeg
    E16904B0-C309-4555-8935-53CE5023FCCB.jpeg
    79.9 KB · Views: 243
  • 881DFD23-9764-4348-A998-7589EE4C5302.jpeg
    881DFD23-9764-4348-A998-7589EE4C5302.jpeg
    86.3 KB · Views: 229
It is very hard to lower your seating position if you need your seats to be adjustable (to the front and back). But if you can installed them to fixed position, just buy a set of the longest univeraal alu brackets and mount them straigt under Oem points with Oem bolts. It is what I did with my seats.
View attachment 12579

With that buckets the car looks amazing.

I think that your option is the best for now

Reactions: TarmoT
View attachment 12579

How did you manage to install the seat belt brackets?

View attachment 12579
Wich bucket seats are those?

View attachment 12579

Can you give me a light on how to delete the side air bags? I’ve bought a recaro kit for it, but it doesn’t seems to fit...

Can you give me a light on how to delete the side air bags? I’ve bought a recaro kit for it, but it doesn’t seems to fit...

You must buy 2 resistors and install them to air bag connectors.
1B830138-E4E6-48F1-8EEF-3F59DFB1D805.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahtnukiav
Hi, those of you that have installed bucket seats and successfully fitted resistors to the airbag plugs could you share some pictures of the resistors fitted and what pins in the plug you had to fit them to, thanks.

Reactions: sunnylunn