• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Bucket Seat Mounting bracket

webdesaster

Sep 13, 2018
Luxembourg
Hello everybody,

I just want you to ask a question which will maybe start an interesting discussion.
I am looking for putting a bucket seat in my i30n just for a trackday. I have already a Sparco Sprint in my other car and I wanted to put that temporarilly in my Hyundai with my 4 point harness, but I can't find any mounting brackets for any bucketseat.
Maybe one of you has already put a seat in with any aftermarket brackets? Maybe somebody has photos?
I would have build one on my own, but one mounting point for the seat belt is on the original bracket, so I don't know how to deal witch that...

Claude

Last edited:

TarmoT

Feb 25, 2018
Poland
There is almost nothing available on market designed for our cars. N-Thusiast Recaro seats are also installed with universal Sparco frames. I installed my front seats last year in June and I also used longest universal side mounts:
D2E3A7D9-EBBF-4585-8F43-42CCBD394F01.jpeg0D4C3400-6A8B-483C-86A0-CDD1BFD76327.jpeg

webdesaster

Sep 13, 2018
Luxembourg
Nice one.

Maybe the rigid mounting is the way to go for only trackdays. My first thoughts were about putting a rail in between.
Which bracket did you use?
How did you manage to bolt the seat belt fastener? And waht about the airbag? Did you put a delete dongle on the plug to delete the airbag in the OEM seat?

TarmoT

Feb 25, 2018
Poland
I used universal „Made in Poland” side 6mm alu brackets.
Seat belt fasteners are installed with additional hole drilled in to the side frames. Airbag light was elliminated with resistors installed to the Airbag plugs. I bought hundreds of resistors before I managed to find correct ones ;) Correct resistors are 2,2 Ohm and 0,5W and they are looking like this (same colours):
B28111F8-7C14-4DAD-B724-C3F8FD121A1B.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1FastStagea

Hodei

Oct 25, 2019
Spain
Hi!

I bought some side brackets but I think that they are short...Anyone knows what is the distance between the bolts?

Thanks!

TarmoT

Feb 25, 2018
Poland
If you bought same brackets what I have and they are short... you didn’t buy same brackets :(
Mine are pretty long ones and even in this case I am using last holes in both ends.

Hodei

Oct 25, 2019
Spain
If you bought same brackets what I have and they are short... you didn’t buy same brackets :(
Mine are pretty long ones and even in this case I am using last holes in both ends.
I couldn't find the ones you have.
My intention is to put them with sliders so I think that I'm going to make a Steel plate to match the bolts distance.And then drill it.

Reactions: TarmoT

Wille96

Apr 8, 2019
Sweden
Hi.
I see the Hyundai.de Sells recaro seats as an original part. Do you guys know if this includes everything you need to install the seats?