• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Brecks Throttle Spacer - Reposition Accelerator closer to Brake Pedal

mesai30n

Jun 18, 2020
Australia
Hi Guys,

I've been on the lookout for an accelerator pedal spacer, to make it easier to heel and toe in the I30n. The pedals in standard form aren't quite in the right position and makes it really difficult to heel and toe smoothly.

Although our cars have a Rev Match feature, nothing beats the feeling of controlling the car in full.

Long story short, I ended up buying this spacer below from a South Korean company, but alas its didn't fit as it was made for LHD Veloster and I30n.

Brecks have mentioned that they would do a RHD run if they can get 10 buyers,

I think its roughly in the <$200aud range for the spacer. I have the LHD unit is really high quality and durable, see images below.

This post is about gauging interest, so if you are please let me know so I can initiate some discussions with Brecks.

1627391808641.png
1627392468667.png

R Veloster N

Nthusiast
Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
He’s accommodating and will do what’s requested. This is where purchasing power comes into play.

i30N members really need to consider such a purchase and use. This is the way things get done in Is the aftermarket world.

I’ve been at it for awhile in the US and with the i30N Velossa Tech snorkel as you remember. This a worthwhile simple project. It just needs your monitory support, that’s all.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I spoken to him personally on several occasions.

Last edited:

BraT81

Nthusiast
Jun 14, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
Since upgrading to the DCT i found the accelerator pedal is closer to the kick panel, super annoying for someone like me who likes to left foot brake in an auto.

I would like to move brake and accelerator pedal a little over to the left by about 10-20mm

mesai30n

Jun 18, 2020
Australia
So after some more chat with Brecks, they aren't able to engineer the RHD version of the spacer.

A real pity!

I've now gone down the more fiddly route: pedals and some washers.

Using some washers, i placed about four of them on each thread behind the accelerator housing which has pushed the pedal closer to me by about 15mm.

I then removed the standard covers, and installed the OMP pedals below and tried closing the space between the pedals. It's much better, but not yet perfect.

Also, the standard pedal covers that comes with I30n are terrible, these pedals have a much bigger platform, and thus better feel on the foot when modulating brake and accelerator.

1629114936711.png