• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Brakes Brake Upgrade Discussion (Discs / Pads / ... )

I wish that someone can send me those discs to Europe - after testing afermarket big brake kit, I can tell that it is just waste of money. OEM brakes are perfect for street and even for short tracks. For bigger tracks aftermarket floating discs, racing pads and OEM calipers will be the best solution. Oem calipers are heavy but they have perfect balance and man - they are good.

Tamo, if you really decide you want them, we can arrange something like I did with the Velossa Tech Intake thread. I'm willing. Check with the manufacturer first and see if they can fit the i30N. Then if you need my help, let me know in a PM. It's certainly doable.:)

Try here first;

Girodisc150px.jpg

3886 Hammer Drive
Bellingham, WA 98226, US
360-306-3263
sales@girodisc.com

Last edited:
I wish that someone can send me those discs to Europe - after testing afermarket big brake kit, I can tell that it is just waste of money. OEM brakes are perfect for street and even for short tracks. For bigger tracks aftermarket floating discs, racing pads and OEM calipers will be the best solution. Oem calipers are heavy but they have perfect balance and man - they are good.
Some people just like throwing money at cars. Like going ceramic rotors, WASTE O MONEY! lighter wheels, stickier tires, race fluid and pads, OEM is plenty unless you are pushing big power numbers.

Some people just like throwing money at cars. Like going ceramic rotors, WASTE O MONEY! lighter wheels, stickier tires, race fluid and pads, OEM is plenty unless you are pushing big power numbers.

My car is far-far from standart and I´m using it 90% on track and 10% outside of track. Lighter wheels, better brakes ect... are seconds to save on track.
For me my N is not a daily driver - it is my hobby and as you know, people tend to burn a lot of money for their hobbies ;)

My car is far-far from standart and I´m using it 90% on track and 10% outside of track. Lighter wheels, better brakes ect... are seconds to save on track.
For me my N is not a daily driver - it is my hobby and as you know, people tend to burn a lot of money for their hobbies ;)
I understand spending money on hobby. That is not what I was alluding to. What I was attempting to say is that the stock brake system is more than capable and the money easily better spent on wheels or such. I also track regularly and understand spending money. I came from a "REALLY FAST CAR" so as to reduce spending on consumables and instead more track time. I also actually race enduro in the U.S. in the champ car series.