• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Botched launch...again?

I traded in my FBO/Tuned 2008 E90 M3 for this car. Most people I tell that to think I'm crazy, what I think was crazy was spending over $12K CAD on that car just on maintenance and repairs in a 12 month period. I have no complaints with the N! lol.

And no, I didn't trade it in with any of the mods I had on it, I stripped everything I could off of it haha.

Hello. I made the same change as you and lots of people said me I was insane too. I miss my ex ///M3 E90 but I love my new i30N Performance. The ///M3 E9X has a terrible fuel consumption and so much endemic problems (bad rod bearings, bad throttle actuators, oil comsumption,...) I enjoyed it for 15 months. It was a good car and a great experience.

I have an STX prepped BRZ, I am kind of worried that if I switch I'll miss how direct the steering is in the BRZ. I mean it's damn near impossible for the N to slower than my BRZ

Reactions: simmo777
I have an STX prepped BRZ, I am kind of worried that if I switch I'll miss how direct the steering is in the BRZ. I mean it's damn near impossible for the N to slower than my BRZ
The steering feel on the VN has got to be some of the best I’ve ever felt . I saw someone compare it to precision of a scalpel and I couldn’t put the feel in words any better myself. You will not miss the BRZ trust me !

Unsure of how the STX are set up but I've driven friends 86 / BRZ and was never jealous when I jumped back into my i30N. Those naturally aspirated go karts are fun in the corners for being light and nimble but the N is leaps and bounds ahead in fun as well as performance in a straight line and around the bends.

Take a chance and never look back!

Unsure of how the STX are set up but I've driven friends 86 / BRZ and was never jealous when I jumped back into my i30N. Those naturally aspirated go karts are fun in the corners for being light and nimble but the N is leaps and bounds ahead in fun as well as performance in a straight line and around the bends.

Well you might look back occasionally.. to see how far the person behind you is when you pull busses on them in your N lol

The steering feel on the VN has got to be some of the best I’ve ever felt . I saw someone compare it to precision of a scalpel and I couldn’t put the feel in words any better myself. You will not miss the BRZ trust me !
Thats good to hear!

STX is a class in American autocross , it stands for street touring extreme and is the second highest modification class is the street series. It's mostly dominated by brzs/86s now. I honestly am only considering trading the BRZ because I need to be able to fit a car seat in my daily now.

I am still waiting for this dealership to get one.
Well you might look back occasionally.. to see how far the person behind you is when you pull busses on them in your N lol
If someone is behind me in autocross or rally cross I've really messed up

Beauty, enjoy it!

Gotta say I'm kinda mad I didn't get any window stickers or brochures with mine... Maybe cause it was a preorder car?
That’s really odd. Did you call your dealer and ask for them ? Where I’m from it’s illegal for us to sell a car to someone and not provide them with the sticker

They were probably as excited as I was.

I even got this just because.

Ok now I'm even more pissed!! I have a model of my other car on it's dash (albeit a base model, not an Autech 260RS like mine), this would've been a perfect complimentary piece :(

IMG_20150704_184423.jpg

I got an email today that my dealership should be getting a black one and a blue one in this month, but they also said they're automatics so grain of salt. Wouldn't answer my question on price, hopefully no ADM

No such thing as automatic VNs (yet). The DCT variant is at least a year away. Sounds like a misinformed dealer.