• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out out the i30 N Bible Here!

Boot won’t open and other weird problems.

Been out driving most of the morning and the cars been perfect, even in the current weather Scotland’s having.

Got home and when I went to open the boot nothing happened, no noises or lights and it wouldn’t open. Tried with the car locked and unlocked...nothing :oops:

Even tried climbing in from the back seats and pulling the manual release but it would only open a click as if you hadn’t closed the boot right.

Decided it was just an issue with the boot so put the car in the garage and pressed the lock button on the door and it just kept unlocking it even although it was already unlocked.

Got my spare key from the house and everything seemed to work just fine, do you think this is an electrical issue or an issue with my main key?

Been out driving most of the morning and the cars been perfect, even in the current weather Scotland’s having.

Got home and when I went to open the boot nothing happened, no noises or lights and it wouldn’t open. Tried with the car locked and unlocked...nothing :oops:

Even tried climbing in from the back seats and pulling the manual release but it would only open a click as if you hadn’t closed the boot right.

Decided it was just an issue with the boot so put the car in the garage and pressed the lock button on the door and it just kept unlocking it even although it was already unlocked.

Got my spare key from the house and everything seemed to work just fine, do you think this is an electrical issue or an issue with my main key?
If all is well with spare key, suggests your primary key is wonky. Either low battery, or possibly a coding issue (out of sync with car?)

padigree

Here the how to change your battery :D

And yes, if it's working with the other key, your Main key should be the problem. BTW, I only open my Boot while the doors are closed and completely locked or I unlock the car and open it. Often got problems when I lock the car, close a door and try to open the boot. Also when I close the boot (but not completely) and the car is locked, the boot wont neither open nor close until I unlock the car again. Very strange.

speedking

I was just about to post that. I like the feature of being able to open the boot and get something out without opening the car. Then when you shut the boot it is automatically locked again.

However, if you don't push hard enough and the boot just catches and is not fully closed then you can't open it again to give it another slam :( That is very frustrating.

I had a weird one where the car was locked and I used the boot release on the fob to open the boot. The boot opened but also set the alarm off!
UK model so they probably messed something up when installing the alarm...

Maverick

Staff member
Silly question.. are you guys using the key fob to lock/unlock the car/boot? Why don't you just walk to the boot, and open it? Exactly like you would with the driver's door? :rolleyes: