• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Bonnet Lifters from Germany anyone?

nsaflin

Sep 13, 2021
Geelong, VIC, AU
Hi, All.

I'm a newbie i30 N-Line Premium owner, and since taking ownership of the car, having paid top dollar for the car hoping to get all the "bells and whistles" one of things that really get up my goat is the hood doesn't have any proper bonnet lifters. You'd recon that they would have put in proper lifters, especially on the N and N-Line models!

I've been viewing a few of the aftermarket lifters available in Australia, however, they all appear quite cheap looking. I came across a video from N's Garage on Youtube:
where he fits a set of new lifters made by a company in Germany.

They are a bit pricier than the local offerings, but I really like the way they are put together, and have a very genuine look with very sturdy 2-bolt brackets on each end: https://www.ath-hinsberger.de/Hyundai-i30-N-Haubenlifter.html

I've contacted the supplier in Germany, and they're happy to ship to Australia, provided the order is > $500 (otherwise shipping costs aren't worth their while).

Clearly I'm not going to order more than 1 set for myself - but if anyone else in AU is interested in ordering a set, I figure if we get a few people together and buy a set each, I'd be happy to organise the order from Germany? Any takers?

BraT81

Nthusiast
Jun 14, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
There's bonnet lifters available from two Australia sellers, they should work across the PD models.

Dynomotive

Cherry Tuning

nsaflin

Sep 13, 2021
Geelong, VIC, AU
There's bonnet lifters available from two Australia sellers, they should work across the PD models.

Dynomotive

Cherry Tuning
Thanks for the tip - very much appreciated.
I noted there were a few which only have a small (single bolt) bracket and there were a few reviews indicating that this was a flimsy setup, so the German brackets looked a lot sturdier, but those Dynomotive ones look very similar. I might give them a go!

Cheers,
Ned.

Jajodu

Nthusiast
Nov 11, 2018
Bishops Stortford
I use these and I'm very happy with the quality and fit. Only £50.00

Reactions: loafer-N77