• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

marksandygill

Nthusiast
Jun 6, 2019
Southampton
Okay, so not the usual hot hatch but thought I'd give a quick review of my 330e, never done this before so commentary wise I'll probably be more John Barnes than John Motson :oops:

Car is the BMW 330e M Sport in Dravit grey with M Sport Plus & Tech Package
Price: £lots, about £45k i guess, but the wife gets me a new one for free every 6 months so who cares :)

Pros:

Performance : Fast enough to ruin most cars, timed mine the other day 0-62mph in 5.3 seconds, showed the wife, she was wetter than an otters pocket and did not threaten to divorce me.

Economy : Will do 72mpg, which is amazing, but only if electricity was free, in reality it's only 20% cheaper to run than my 320d.

The interior : Lovely, like sitting in a nice padded cell that smells nice, has interior led's that my children like to argue about who chooses the colour of, continuously...it's like being at a school disco, not in a Jimmy Saville way though...

The Tech pack has a HUD which makes me feel like Maverick, and lots of touch screens, I guess like most other cars these days

Cons:

The electric only range is about 24 miles, which gets me half way home from work! I guess if you're 70 and only travel to the CO-OP everyday or get your perm done it's fine?

You lose the lower part of the boot for the batteries, so more trips to the CO-OP needed

'Hey BMW' why would I want to wave my hands in front of the screen to turn the volume up? I look like I'm having a spaz attack and it only works half the time

Oh, unless you get the comfort pack then you don't get electric seats, in a £45k car :mad:

Conclusion :

If you drive it like you stole it (full xtraboooost, sport everything) then the fuel economy is awful, I guess you might as well buy a 330i which is almost as fast.

If you drive it like a sensible car thief (in Hybrid or Electric only) then it's boring and a bit laggy when you put your foot down, so you might as well buy a 320d which is almost as economical.

It's like all the best parts of those cars and all the worst, I don't know if that makes it amazing or rubbish?

I do love it though, almost ran someone over because they couldn't hear it the other day, I guess old people are screwed when we all have electric cars?!

Anyway, my review has a start, middle and end so I guess that's me done

Yeah this is the problem with EV's and plug in hybrids. Some think electricity is free and an entitlement, because they bought an EV. Surprise,:eek: it's not!:p You just end up paying a different energy provider.:mad: