• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Baskerville Tasmania

They had a non championship TCR round there this weekend just gone.

The lack of a proper pit lane and pit facilities may hold it back from holding any championship quality events unfortunately.

They had a non championship TCR round there this weekend just gone.

The lack of a proper pit lane and pit facilities may hold it back from holding any championship quality events unfortunately.
Yep watched the highlights and ran there with Historic Category a few years ago. The good thing with TCR is that they don't do refuelling or tyre changes like Supercars. They had big crowd on Sunday , glad Tasmania are getting mainland people racing on the Apple Isle. Looking forward to TCR's at Phillip Island for the 2 plus 4 meeting. If anyone is based in Melbourne and want to compete at Phiillip Island next weeks Super Sprint. Go to PIARC's website and enter your i30. Cheers

lots of track Events coming up again in Victoria , Australia. If you/anyone are interested just contact me and will give you an update.

Reactions: GazmaN
I've only just started following TCR so unaware of the regs, but I'd imagine a proper enclosed pit lane area would be a requirement for safety reasons (Thinking risk of fire) when cars are off track and being worked on, etc?

Reactions: alpiv64
@alpiv64 thanks for putting that one up, a good watch. So much seriously precious metal there - it takes a special set of balls to put cars with that sort of historical significance on the track and drive them in anger. Love the old Appendix J and Group C stuff. And there's nothing that screams "race car!" quite like a Repco F5000 with an injection stack in an open-wheeler.

Killer track!

Reactions: alpiv64