• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Baffled Sump?

Abesy

May 1, 2019
Australia
Does anyone know if the i30N has a baffle in the sump (or anything else) to prevent oil starvation for track days? I have seen a fair few members gearing up for track days but no mention of any sump mods or concerns around oil starvation..

Reactions: GazmaN
I have to make correction to my first post - I am now not 100% sure anymore. Made deeper investigation and I will get final answer soon.

Reactions: GazmaN and Abesy
No oil pan baffles in any Hyundai engine.

Oil pan baffling is not required for track day racing in the US. I'm not sure about European track day rules but I wouldn't think so.

You'll find it hard to dry sump or oil starve, the oil pump on any transverse 4-cylinder. The only way it might happen is if you've under-filled by 2 quarts. Additionally, you're not moving oil around enough in the pan to cause a problem. Keeping in mind, it's viscous. You're not moving with enough force to cause this problem.

Last edited: