• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Automatic Lights Sensitivity

mikeo

Jan 4, 2020
SW Scotland
Do what I did.

Buy a water based felt tipped pen (decent width nib) and put a couple of coats of paint over the center of the sensor. As it's water based, you can always wipe it off with something like a "wet wipe". I found it took a couple of coats of black (jest not) before it made any difference. Now it comes on just that bit earlier.

The same sensor appears to control lights, dash and infotainment screen. It's just looks like the infotainment screen is programmed (for some reason) to dim at a slightly different (IE. lower) light level. Sad man that I am, I've played around a fair bit to get this how I like it. OCD being a hobby of mine :)

IamRy

Jan 6, 2019
SW UK
Do what I did.

Buy a water based felt tipped pen (decent width nib) and put a couple of coats of paint over the center of the sensor. As it's water based, you can always wipe it off with something like a "wet wipe". I found it took a couple of coats of black (jest not) before it made any difference. Now it comes on just that bit earlier.

The same sensor appears to control lights, dash and infotainment screen. It's just looks like the infotainment screen is programmed (for some reason) to dim at a slightly different (IE. lower) light level. Sad man that I am, I've played around a fair bit to get this how I like it. OCD being a hobby of mine :)
Sometimes the simple tricks work the best. I can't believe I didn't think of that! Just to be doubly sure, the sensor is inside that lump on the top of the dash in the centre?

mikeo

Jan 4, 2020
SW Scotland
Sometimes the simple tricks work the best. I can't believe I didn't think of that! Just to be doubly sure, the sensor is inside that lump on the top of the dash in the centre?
It would appear to be. As that's where I applied the paint. And it certainly worked for me.

You can easily test this yourself. Just try covering it with something (EG. A bit of black electricians tape). And on come the lights.