• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Auto-lock when walking away from i30N

The_Sentinel

Nthusiast
Nov 27, 2020
Earth
Hi folks.
Reading through the general threads seems to indicate this is an option.
I thought I'd ask here though as there are quite a few features that are enabled dependent on your locale.

My current car (Mazda) will automatically lock when the keyfob is more than a couple metres away from the car.
i.e. you walk away from the car.

I did have to have this function enabled by the dealer in the Mazda.
For those that have their new cars already, is auto-lock this something that the 2021 I30N does by default (or can be requested turned on by the dealer)?
Note that I'm not referring to auto-lock when the car is unlocked but locks again if the doors haven't been opened for a period of time.

Reactions: HJM2001
Hi folks.
Reading through the general threads seems to indicate this is an option.
I thought I'd ask here though as there are quite a few features that are enabled dependent on your locale.

My current car (Mazda) will automatically lock when the keyfob is more than a couple metres away from the car.
i.e. you walk away from the car.

I did have to have this function enabled by the dealer in the Mazda.
For those that have their new cars already, is auto-lock this something that the 2021 I30N does by default (or can be requested turned on by the dealer)?
Note that I'm not referring to auto-lock when the car is unlocked but locks again if the doors haven't been opened for a period of time.

As far as i know thats Not an option and was never any? AT least its Not in the fl :/

Only auto lock I have is if I unlock the car but don't open any doors within 60 seconds.. My 2003 Landcruiser has the same 'feature'. Doubt a dealer would turn any auto-locking feature on since they won't do the window control by fob now either.

I don't think I would trust an auto lock feature. even if it was available. There is no way I would walk away from the car without looking back to see if the mirrors had folded in. In which case, I would rather manually lock the car and know for sure that it is locked šŸ˜€

I would like to have this function in my keyless i30 Premium DCT!
So if i come to the car, it would be great to open the central door locking, as the mirrors fold out. So you dont have to push the button on the door handle. Also it would be great to go away and the car locks automatically, because sometimes it seems that i forgot to push the button.... :confused:

As i see in the function description on https://mykeypremium.com or https://www.12volt.solutions, they both offers the remote start kit with the function to open and close the door via keyless entry, without push the button! Thats the option i want to have, but the German i30 keyless entry seems to have other connectors as the USA Model of the elantra GT 2019.

The good thing is that you have just to clip out the connectors on the right side under the glove box and connect the T-Harness and thats it. Only 5 minutes work to do, the unit and the harness can be fixed behind the right cover and the carpet. And on top its possible to remote start the engine, if you have a DCT. Great!

Attached you can see the position of the three Connectors in my car, seems to be the same as in the i30N, i30 keyless entry and i30N keyless entry.

Attachments

• IMG_1028.JPG
    IMG_1028.JPG
    891.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1030.JPG
    IMG_1030.JPG
    676 KB · Views: 47
I don't think I would trust an auto lock feature. even if it was available. There is no way I would walk away from the car without looking back to see if the mirrors had folded in. In which case, I would rather manually lock the car and know for sure that it is locked šŸ˜€
As mentioned above, I have this on the Mazda. Not really a drama as the lights flash and you get the lock "beep" sound when you walk more than 2 metres away from the car with the keyfob. You just have to listen for the sound.

I ordered the Proximity Smart Door Lock Module from THIS side. Only 4 cables to fix, +12 V, Ground and Can-H, Can-L. So its not a problem and done within 5 Minutes. The next step is the remote start kit. Hope to get it in 2-4 weeks. *Remote Start*

I ordered the Proximity Smart Door Lock Module from THIS side. Only 4 cables to fix, +12 V, Ground and Can-H, Can-L. So its not a problem and done within 5 Minutes. The next step is the remote start kit. Hope to get it in 2-4 weeks. *Remote Start*
That's awesome. I had a similar mod on my Astra years go to auto-wind the windows up. I thought there may have been some after-market mod to do this on the i30s but didn't find anything after extensive Googling.

Which instruction manual did you request from your supplier when you ordered?

I'm presuming the Elantra or Elantra Sport??

I requested all of the manuals, but didnt get an answer. Now i ordered 2018+ Kona. I searched on google and found this manual:

Attachments

• Proximity - Sonata DN8.jpg
    Proximity - Sonata DN8.jpg
    1,009.3 KB · Views: 23
That's awesome. I had a similar mod on my Astra years go to auto-wind the windows up. I thought there may have been some after-market mod to do this on the i30s but didn't find anything after extensive Googling.

Which instruction manual did you request from your supplier when you ordered?

I'm presuming the Elantra or Elantra Sport??

Autowind the Windows up? You mean automatically šŸ¤” without you Holding the close Button on your smart key?

Autowind the Windows up? You mean automatically šŸ¤” without you Holding the close Button on your smart key?
On the Astra, when you locked the car from the key, it would automatically wind all the windows up.
Smartkey just had a lock and unlock, no close button.

When you locked the car (i.e. the hazard lights flashed when it locked), up they went.

On the Astra, when you locked the car from the key, it would automatically wind all the windows up.
Smartkey just had a lock and unlock, no close button.

When you locked the car (i.e. the hazard lights flashed when it locked), up they went.

Just hold the close Button for a bit longer and i30n will Do that too?

They talked about automation of this process, so you wouldnt forget it (or if you dont know that the windows are open).

Just hold the close Button for a bit longer and i30n will Do that too?

I'm not sure if it's programmable anymore. I had windows up/down with the lock/unlock button programmed but with more recent cars they took away some of that functionality from what I recall.

mykeypremium now offers the remote start kit WITH the auto-lock and unlock function! See here: *Klick*

I ordered the modul and hope it works with our i30 (only with DCT). and start/stop Button.

The remote start module from mykeypremium has arrived and is installed. Works perfectly and the central locking closes automatically as soon as I'm a few meters away from the vehicle. As soon as I get to the vehicle and my key is recognized (indicators flash and mirrors fold down), the central locking system is unlocked. The module also offers a turbo timer, which means getting out, closing the doors and pressing the door button once and the engine continues to run for 2 minutes and then switches off. Short-term stop with 2 x door button and the motor runs on for 15 minutes. If the key is stolen or lost, you can open the vehicle with a self-selectable code using the emergency door button. Incidentally, it already works from model year 2017, for vehicles i30 PD and Elantra GT with start/stop switch and DCT automatic transmission.

I offer the expanded remote start module from lockdownsecurity for sale. This also offers remote engine start and a turbo timer run-on. Anyone who happens to live in the Rhein-Main area will have it installed by me free of charge. I would like 280 ā‚¬ for it. See here: *click*

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO