• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Auto-lock when walking away from i30N

The_Sentinel

Nov 27, 2020
Australia
Hi folks.
Reading through the general threads seems to indicate this is an option.
I thought I'd ask here though as there are quite a few features that are enabled dependent on your locale.

My current car (Mazda) will automatically lock when the keyfob is more than a couple metres away from the car.
i.e. you walk away from the car.

I did have to have this function enabled by the dealer in the Mazda.
For those that have their new cars already, is auto-lock this something that the 2021 I30N does by default (or can be requested turned on by the dealer)?
Note that I'm not referring to auto-lock when the car is unlocked but locks again if the doors haven't been opened for a period of time.

Reactions: HJM2001

asdf144

Nthusiast
May 18, 2021
Germany
Hi folks.
Reading through the general threads seems to indicate this is an option.
I thought I'd ask here though as there are quite a few features that are enabled dependent on your locale.

My current car (Mazda) will automatically lock when the keyfob is more than a couple metres away from the car.
i.e. you walk away from the car.

I did have to have this function enabled by the dealer in the Mazda.
For those that have their new cars already, is auto-lock this something that the 2021 I30N does by default (or can be requested turned on by the dealer)?
Note that I'm not referring to auto-lock when the car is unlocked but locks again if the doors haven't been opened for a period of time.
As far as i know thats Not an option and was never any? AT least its Not in the fl :/

Hugh_85

Nthusiast
Jun 11, 2018
SE QLD, Australia
Only auto lock I have is if I unlock the car but don't open any doors within 60 seconds.. My 2003 Landcruiser has the same 'feature'. Doubt a dealer would turn any auto-locking feature on since they won't do the window control by fob now either.

Reactions: GazmaN

sgfastback

Nthusiast
Sep 18, 2019
Sydney
I don't think I would trust an auto lock feature. even if it was available. There is no way I would walk away from the car without looking back to see if the mirrors had folded in. In which case, I would rather manually lock the car and know for sure that it is locked šŸ˜€

Reactions: Hugh_85

HJM2001

Jun 9, 2019
Germany
I would like to have this function in my keyless i30 Premium DCT!
So if i come to the car, it would be great to open the central door locking, as the mirrors fold out. So you dont have to push the button on the door handle. Also it would be great to go away and the car locks automatically, because sometimes it seems that i forgot to push the button.... :confused:

As i see in the function description on https://mykeypremium.com or https://www.12volt.solutions, they both offers the remote start kit with the function to open and close the door via keyless entry, without push the button! Thats the option i want to have, but the German i30 keyless entry seems to have other connectors as the USA Model of the elantra GT 2019.

The good thing is that you have just to clip out the connectors on the right side under the glove box and connect the T-Harness and thats it. Only 5 minutes work to do, the unit and the harness can be fixed behind the right cover and the carpet. And on top its possible to remote start the engine, if you have a DCT. Great!

Attached you can see the position of the three Connectors in my car, seems to be the same as in the i30N, i30 keyless entry and i30N keyless entry.

Attachments

The_Sentinel

Nov 27, 2020
Australia
I don't think I would trust an auto lock feature. even if it was available. There is no way I would walk away from the car without looking back to see if the mirrors had folded in. In which case, I would rather manually lock the car and know for sure that it is locked šŸ˜€
As mentioned above, I have this on the Mazda. Not really a drama as the lights flash and you get the lock "beep" sound when you walk more than 2 metres away from the car with the keyfob. You just have to listen for the sound.