• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Australian Motor Museum

I know, but I wont give the game away just yet Stash....

Us oldies have the advantage of remembering things like that.

05 would have looked good on the side of that!

Reactions: Stash-N
Torana GTR-X my friend.
Yes, it is a Torana GTR-X. Only three prototypes built and this is the only one left according to the Museum staff. Looks great IMO. You can see lots of bits from the 1970's Torana when you look inside. Steering wheel and gauges bring back memories. The "chromies" are straight off an LJ I think. I saw this car at the Adelaide Car Show many years ago and it was cool to see it again so many years later. Holden own it and it moves around the country from time to time. We just happen to have it in the Motor Museum at the moment. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Big news for people of my ilk. She spent some time at Birdwood. The movie and the cars pointed my life in the direction of Aussie muscle and I still make a point of watching it every year; reminds me of my youth. A school mate and I had the entire script down pat, word for word and we would re-enact scenes in math class (which we both failed) whenever the teacher left the room for a smoke. 'Kick her in the guts, Barry!'

https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/original-mad-max-interceptor-hits-the-market

My love of the XA-XC shape came from this movie (could almost repeat the entire script).

Have owned various models over the years including a mint XA GT sedan. Wish circumstances had allowed me to hang on to just one of them ...

Reactions: Stash-N and GazmaN