• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Australian Hyundai Dealers and i30N

everyone!
New meme we here. Got my 2020 i30N 2 weeks ago delivered from Victoria (I live in NSW). I’m out in the Western Sydney/South Western
Great choice of colour! I'm a big fan of the Shadow Grey :p

There's a few NSW based owners here, someone posted their preferred place of service I'm sure. Hopefully one of them sees this sooner.

Same! Now that I have it I can’t fathom how I ever wanted Dark Knight! (no offence to any DK owners....I’m sure the colour is perfect for you!)

Thanks for the tip, I’ll look out for any posts. I’ve just hit over 800km so need to schedule my first service soon.

Reactions: LordPave
I feel for you, I'm seriously having flashbacks as I read this. If Darwin wasn't prone to this sort of BS, I'd probably still be living there.

Echoing what @Jajodu said, I think if you really like the car you ought to keep it. Warranty wise, if you can go to an independent who can perform logbook services, then you're still covered warranty wise - ACCC has settled this particular matter before. The only limitation will be for software updates, but the larger companies in this space have enough flex to get manufacturers to provide the requisite tooling etc.

In so far as dealing with warranty issues, the theory is that you ought to be fine and Hyundai will likely treat you appropriately. In reality, if you have a fight, then it'll be a combination of ACCC and social media that enables Hyundai to "see the light" as it were.

DMG are useless, so there's no value in barking up that tree. But maybe keep pushing Hyundai Australia and get them to be flexible in their approach with you. If you can keep Hyundai onside, then you're fine.

This is preaching to the choir here, so you've undoubtedly considered all of it - you do have to do what's right, but at the same time I'd hate for you (or anyone else) to be forced into making a financially expensive decision simply because of a idiotic dealer - why do you have to pay a penalty? It should be the dealer who pays.
Thanks mate. I love most things about Darwin, but the service and choice you get here compared to the big smoke is lacklustre as you well know. I've done some research and spoken to a bunch of trusted tradespeople in the automotive scene up here (and their customers) since all this went down and they've all pointed in one direction when it comes to having my N serviced - so I know who I'll be taking it to moving forward.

Two weeks now since my second contact with Hyundai Customer Care and still nothing. But I shall persist despite the fact I'm losing faith. A few members have contacted me directly with messages of support and advice / ideas about other avenues to explore in seeking a remedy (and explore them I will) - this is what makes the forum such a great place to be and I'm thankful for it.

One thing about Darwin that is actually working for me here - there is really only one degree of separation, and we all know that bad news travels fastest. I shall continue to white-ant DMG's customer base like a man possessed. There's a bunch of Accents, i30s, Santa Fes and iLoads that will never see their service centre again. I need to make amends - I'm the one that recommended all these people buy a Hyundai in the first place.

Probably an insensitive time to post this with a bunch of Aussies (and others) not being able to even get a price on their new car but I need to get this out of my system and keep on rocking on. And some good news for those that are sick of my whining...

The saga is finally over. Because after six months I’ve just given up. Multiple emails to Hyundai Customer Care went unanswered, multiple phone calls just resulted in “Oh the dealer hasn’t contacted you yet? We’ll get on to them again.” And then nothing for weeks. Repeat. The only one doing any following up was me.

So rather than become totally unhinged I’ve just fixed it all myself and will just enjoy the car for what it is – the most fun car I’ve ever owned. Not the fastest, not the most luxurious and not the most practical, but definitely the most laugh-inducing while still being a great daily. Rather than keep it for an indefinite period as originally planned I’ll sell it toward the end of 2022 with a year’s warranty left on it to help assist the next custodian. In the meantime, I will hope and pray it doesn’t develop any warranty-related issues that will see me having to take it back to Hyundai.

Can I just thank all those forum members that have provided me with advice and help along the way. Special mentions to @Hugh_85 (mate, you’ve done it far tougher and for far longer than I with no result and persisted with just loving the car – legend!), @mcb6110 (a voice of reason and encouragement) and @LordPave who knows exactly what I’m up against in this town.

Finally, a word of advice to the masses of potential new Aussie owners beckoning and reckoning as the facelift/DCT models slowly try and make their way here. Regardless of which dealer you buy off (that’s the easy bit), do your research on the after-sales service standards and reputation of the one you will take it to if you choose to have it looked after by Hyundai. They’re not all cut from the same cloth so explore your options if you, unlike me, have a choice of dealerships in your area.

I very nearly made the decision to part with her, but nah – how dare I let them guide me. I saw this as the sun came up after the ANZAC Day dawn service I drove her to the other day. Isn’t she lovely? I'll keep her for now.

aNzac1.jpg

I am both pleased and disenchanted to see your post GazmaN.

Pleased because you clearly have been enjoying (and continuing to enjoy) the experience of driving the car, not withstanding the dealer experience. In my opinion, it would have been a shame to part with the car, whilst you are still enjoying it.

Disenchanted, because I genuinely thought that once your situation came to the attention of the right people within Hyundai head office, that you would see some positive action. Clearly I was wrong.

Reactions: Stash-N and GazmaN
I am both pleased and disenchanted to see your post GazmaN.

Pleased because you clearly have been enjoying (and continuing to enjoy) the experience of driving the car, not withstanding the dealer experience. In my opinion, it would have been a shame to part with the car, whilst you are still enjoying it.

Disenchanted, because I genuinely thought that once your situation came to the attention of the right people within Hyundai head office, that you would see some positive action. Clearly I was wrong.
Cheers man, and I appreciate the sentiment both ways. Disappointing, yes - but life's often like that, yeah? I can deal with it, but what really worries me is the soon-to-be large influx of new owners that have been waiting for the DCT or just the facelift model in general. After the best part of four years Hyundai Australia still clearly aren't equipped to deal with the demands and expectations of experienced performance car-owning enthusiasts.

Yes, the N was their first foray into the performance scene but they just haven't given the after-sales service side of things the attention it deserves in that respect. Again, I really appreciate your advice and encouragement. But don't worry too much about me, I'm just an idealist. It's the next (and larger) generation of N owners I'm more concerned about.

Yes, the N was their first foray into the performance scene but they just haven't given the after-sales service side of things the attention it deserves in that respect.

I agree that expanding the range of N vehicles has the chance to backfire on Hyundai if they don't takes steps to improve their dealer network.

If you market a track ready vehicle you will get enthusiasts who are going to be more particular about their cars and how they are maintained. The indifference and mediocrity of service departments used to fleets and families just won't cut it as I've found out myself.

Cheers for the kudos mate.
Shouldn't matter whether it's the cheapest car they sell or the most expensive, the service should be the same - Top Notch!
Reality is though it just isn't, dealers don't make money on their stuff ups, they cost money so there is very little concern/effort to resolve them.
Customer Care/Head office - call it what you will, is not much better, as you & I have experience they throw it back to the dealer, dealer throws it to head office and the ones who parted with the $$ are left in the middle.

I'm still yet to hear anyone having successfully claimed anything under this super dooper amazing "track warranty", either because failure didn't occur at a track (bullet dodged) or it was afterwards and fobbed off or maybe fixed without (too much of) a fight. Haven't seen as much press about it this time around, so maybe it's no longer?

I'm probably a lot more of a critic/cynical than most but when you get screwed around for 18mth after less than 12mths in you're going to get that 🤣

I wish new owners the best of luck and like you say @GazmaN do some research

Reactions: GazmaN
Hi all. Yet to introduce myself (which I'll do shortly), but wondering if anyone has experiences of servicing at the Doncaster or Nunawading dealerships in VIC?

Hi all. Yet to introduce myself (which I'll do shortly), but wondering if anyone has experiences of servicing at the Doncaster or Nunawading dealerships in VIC?

I dont know about those 2 tbh, but if you can either Melbourne Hyundai or Essendon Hyundai are the preferred places I'd go to. I've had nothing but positive experiences with both. I bought my car at Essendon Hyundai and they've been outstanding for post-sales services (though expensive - they quoted me $2k for a 1080p dashcam fitted, when a car audio place put a 4k Blackvue at $1300-ish installed)

I still havent gotten the dashcam installed though, I really should get on to that.

After a week of checking/testing, my car is going to receive 1 injector..... 😒
Wow, after all this time 🙄. On the bright side, it sounds like they might have identified an actual issue. Or am I giving them too much credit? Fingers crossed for you in any case.

• Haha
Reactions: Hugh_85