• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Australia -- NSW/ACT Proper Car Club?

53UqDy34uL

Aug 22, 2020
Yass, NSW
Hi all,

Long time lurker, (very) happy i30N owner.

I do a fair bit of the race officiating at Wakefield Park (matter of fact, being onboard for an opening lap in the i30N safety car was a big factor in my purchase) and it feels like every time I come down early on a Friday there seem to more and more i30Ns out and about for a test and tune or as part of Trackschool.

As great as track days are (doing my first with the i30N on the 14th December), with the i20N coming next year, would there be any desire to setup a proper car club to run things like supersprint or regularity?

Alternately, if anyone has found a cracker club to be a pert of with their i30N, I'd be keen to hear about it.

mickjf

Oct 19, 2019
Canberra
Setting up a CAMS affiliated club takes a lot of effort and you need a lot of people willing to take on formal roles. My experience is that in the last 10+ years it's been difficult to get people to make that sort of commitment as they'd prefer to just be on Facebook groups or forums.

The Southern Sporting Car Club and the NSW Road Racing Club that cater for all marques do a joint supersprint series with the NSW Impreza WRX Club and Alfa Romeo Owners Club. Either of them would be worth a look to get going.

alpiv64

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
Hi all,

Long time lurker, (very) happy i30N owner.

I do a fair bit of the race officiating at Wakefield Park (matter of fact, being onboard for an opening lap in the i30N safety car was a big factor in my purchase) and it feels like every time I come down early on a Friday there seem to more and more i30Ns out and about for a test and tune or as part of Trackschool.

As great as track days are (doing my first with the i30N on the 14th December), with the i20N coming next year, would there be any desire to setup a proper car club to run things like supersprint or regularity?

Alternately, if anyone has found a cracker club to be a pert of with their i30N, I'd be keen to hear about it.
AROCA Club if you are in Melbourne , actually running with them on the 6th of December at Phillip Island , entries still open.