• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Audio/fader problems

Martinh23

Dec 16, 2020
Glasgow, Scotland
Just bought a 68 plate i30n. When using the sat nav, there is no audio (the women doesn’t speak to me). The fader also switches to the rear speakers only and then cannot be switched back unless the car is turned off and back on.

I’ve gone through all the obvious volume settings and volume controls and it seems there is a glitch rather than a volume setting being turned down/off. Has anyone else experienced this and what was the fix? Would a software update fix the issue do you think?

I believe my software is January 2019 judging by the comments from other posts so an update is long overdue but I’m not sure if it would resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Just bought a 68 plate i30n. When using the sat nav, there is no audio (the women doesn’t speak to me). The fader also switches to the rear speakers only and then cannot be switched back unless the car is turned off and back on.

I’ve gone through all the obvious volume settings and volume controls and it seems there is a glitch rather than a volume setting being turned down/off. Has anyone else experienced this and what was the fix? Would a software update fix the issue do you think?

I believe my software is January 2019 judging by the comments from other posts so an update is long overdue but I’m not sure if it would resolve this issue.

Thanks,
On the display goto settings, info and what software version are you on? I'd guess v085? There's a thread in the how to section on how to update both software and maps. Latest offering is dated July 2020.

On the display goto settings, info and what software version are you on? I'd guess v085? There's a thread in the how to section on how to update both software and maps. Latest offering is dated July 2020.

I think it was v110 I was on. I seen a post about latest versions and seen v112 was the latest if I remember correctly? Contacted my local Hyundai this morning about booking in for a software update and they seem useless. Will have a search for the thread again and maybe give it a bash myself. Hopefully straight forward enough to do myself.

I think it was v110 I was on. I seen a post about latest versions and seen v112 was the latest if I remember correctly? Contacted my local Hyundai this morning about booking in for a software update and they seem useless. Will have a search for the thread again and maybe give it a bash myself. Hopefully straight forward enough to do myself.
Download the software and the maps and extract the content into two folders, get hold of a 32gb sdcard, format as fat 32, then copy the software onto it. Start the car and leave it running with stop start disabled. Insert the software card, it will detect and update, once done do the same process for the maps, then insert this one. It will be recognised and you're done.

Reactions: Martinh23