• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Apple CarPlay issues

Anybody having any Apple CarPlay issues on the VN? Apple CarPlay sometimes don’t start up unless I plug out the USB and back in again. Yes, I’m plugging it in the correct port: the left one.

Sometimes too, after driving for a few minutes it eventually comes on by itself? Maybe a firmware issue?

Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS

Anybody having any Apple CarPlay issues on the VN? Apple CarPlay sometimes don’t start up unless I plug out the USB and back in again. Yes, I’m plugging it in the correct port: the left one.

Sometimes too, after driving for a few minutes it eventually comes on by itself? Maybe a firmware issue?
The biggest fault we see here at the dealer with the CarPlay is the cable. Try replacing it with a better quality cable. If it’s not an oem one try getting one or Atleast get one approved by the manufacturer.

Sucks.. I need an OEM "red" cable.. hehe.. I know I am spoilt.. I am putting red accessories on the interior to accent the blue.. matching the blue and red theme on the exterior.. I'll have to try again. I got these red cables off Amazon.

Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS

Sucks.. I need an OEM "red" cable.. hehe.. I know I am spoilt.. I am putting red accessories on the interior to accent the blue.. matching the blue and red theme on the exterior.. I'll have to try again. I got these red cables off Amazon.
Yeah I’d start there. I’m telling you I prob help 3-4 people a week at work who have this same problem and it’s always the cable.

So, Apple CarPlay not working again. This time it’s worst, even buying a “MFi certified” cable. It worked first day, and this morning. This evening it decides to completely stopped working. I forget device and try to reconnect cable. It reads “reading USB...”, then nothing happens. I think a firmware upgrade needs to happen soon.

_Emma

@mykone it should still be ok, I would have thought? Mine is a little fussy sometimes but nothing like yours :confused: I guess it’s a dealer job and maybe a software upgrade?

@mykone it should still be ok, I would have thought? Mine is a little fussy sometimes but nothing like yours :confused: I guess it’s a dealer job and maybe a software upgrade?
Software upgrade on who’s part? The phone or the car? I’m gonna call Hyundai customer service tomorrow to see if there are reported issues with CarPlay and if there’s a plan fix coming soon. I can’t afford buying a new iPhone now after buying my VN and new all season tires. Lol.

_Emma

Software upgrade on who’s part? The phone or the car? I’m gonna call tomorrow to see if there are reported issues with CarPlay and if there’s a plan fix coming soon. I can’t afford buying a new iPhone now after buying my VN and new all season tires. Lol.
Theirs, you can pull up which version you’re in in the infotainment thing. They can tell you if it’s up to date then. Tyres are expensive, ouch. I want to swap the Pirelli’s out but being childish I’m refusing to until these ones are dead! Luckily here we don’t have to or really need winter tyres it’s still really mild.

Theirs, you can pull up which version you’re in in the infotainment thing. They can tell you if it’s up to date then. Tyres are expensive, ouch. I want to swap the Pirelli’s out but being childish I’m refusing to until these ones are dead! Luckily here we don’t have to or really need winter tyres it’s still really mild.
Good for you for having good weather. :). It’s winter in Canada, and you know what that means.

Btw, yeah, I’ll check the infotainment OS version, and hopefully they’ll have a new firmware. In the meantime, I’m gonna reset my iPhone to see if there’s an issue with the iPhone.

Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS

Good for you for having good weather. :). It’s winter in Canada, and you know what that means.

Btw, yeah, I’ll check the infotainment OS version, and hopefully they’ll have a new firmware. In the meantime, I’m gonna reset my iPhone to see if there’s an issue with the iPhone.
I would check your phone for possible updates and do a hard reset and also do a hard reset on the radio as well. Before you take it to the dealer

Did a hard reset of my phone..Haven't done a hard reset of the car as yet.. I just got the car.. heheh.. so funny i'd have to do a hard reset..

I'm gonna buy an iPhone and use it for a week and see if there's an issue with my current iPhone 6S

What version firmware are you guys on? Here's mine:
Setup > System Info

Firmware Versions
SW Ver. JSN.CAN.SOP.V098.180806
Firmware Ver. JSN.CAN.285.180710.MICOM.D