• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Anything different with the 2020 VN + pp?

I am looking at a new 2020 VN with pp this monday. Is there anything at all different? updated? eh?
I have heard nothing about 2020 version, if anything at all different than 2019.

Nice. I wonder what i should be paying. I used the basic Build your own Veloster N website and added $500.
You will get different answers from every person. In my shopping experience, there were only 3 PB VNPP within 1,200 miles of me, and only 1 in Vegas (The next closest was in Albuquerque, 800 miles away). I got a quote from a dealer in Kansas that had one (1,200 mile drive) for sticker price, basically 30,500 OTD after their couple little fees, but I still would have to pay tax on it when I registered it.

I paid a hair over 33k OTD here in vegas, which was about 800 or so over MSRP + Tax. I didn't shop any other colors, or for cars without the performance pack, but getting a performance pack car for MSRP I would call a good deal, getting it under MSRP, i'd call BS and ask to see your proof!

You will get different answers from every person. In my shopping experience, there were only 3 PB VNPP within 1,200 miles of me, and only 1 in Vegas (The next closest was in Albuquerque, 800 miles away). I got a quote from a dealer in Kansas that had one (1,200 mile drive) for sticker price, basically 30,500 OTD after their couple little fees, but I still would have to pay tax on it when I registered it.

I paid a hair over 33k OTD here in vegas, which was about 800 or so over MSRP + Tax. I didn't shop any other colors, or for cars without the performance pack, but getting a performance pack car for MSRP I would call a good deal, getting it under MSRP, i'd call BS and ask to see your proof!
Thank you much. That gives me a greater understanding of the price I should demand.

I wonder if the prices have cooled down at all. To where MSRP is a reasonable feat. I sit in one tomorrow morning, brand new one, 2020. The 2019’s are gone which is sad.

I paid under msrp.. but I work for Hyundai ;)lol

I paid under msrp.. but I work for Hyundai ;)lol
Not all of us can be so lucky. I purchased from one of the worst dealers in america, I had no choice unless I wanted to ship the car or drive across country. I have never had such a horrifically bad experience trying to buy a car for it's normal everyday price and will never buy a new hyundai again. Thankfully, I've got a fun car now, so next time I can wait for something used and private party.

I purchased from ABC Hyundai in Las Vegas (The one with the really trashy looking logos). They lost the window sticker to the car, took a chunk out of the front bumper, let the battery go flat in the showroom, and the N Badge on the back of the car was damaged and missing its colors. It also had excessive mileage on the ODO for a new car. All while preaching on and on about how limited and special the car is. When I took delivery of my brand new dodge neon srt-4 in 2005, I was much better taken care of, and that was a dang dodge NEON. (it also had 1 mile on the ODO, not 30)

The amount of hassle it was to get any of those things fixed further enhanced the already bad experience I was having. My car sat at the dealer for almost 4 days before they told me it would be 2 weeks before the body shop could get to it... so why did I have to drop the car off with them so far in advance? No-one knows.

They made sure to pocket my $500 military discount, (I still paid OVER MSRP remember, so that $500 is all theirs, no wonder they thanked me for my service, it was extra money in their pockets).

Sorry for the brief rant, not really sure who to tell or where to post this as noone at the dealer or hyundai really cares, they already got everything they could out of me.

Last edited:
Not all of us can be so lucky. I purchased from one of the worst dealers in america, I had no choice unless I wanted to ship the car or drive across country. I have never had such a horrifically bad experience trying to buy a car for it's normal everyday price and will never buy a new hyundai again. Thankfully, I've got a fun car now, so next time I can wait for something used and private party.

I purchased from ABC Hyundai in Las Vegas (The one with the really trashy looking logos). They lost the window sticker to the car, took a chunk out of the front bumper, let the battery go flat in the showroom, and the N Badge on the back of the car was damaged and missing its colors. It also had excessive mileage on the ODO for a new car. All while preaching on and on about how limited and special the car is. When I took delivery of my brand new dodge neon srt-4 in 2005, I was much better taken care of, and that was a dang dodge NEON. (it also had 1 mile on the ODO, not 30)

The amount of hassle it was to get any of those things fixed further enhanced the already bad experience I was having. My car sat at the dealer for almost 4 days before they told me it would be 2 weeks before the body shop could get to it... so why did I have to drop the car off with them so far in advance? No-one knows.

They made sure to pocket my $500 military discount, (I still paid OVER MSRP remember, so that $500 is all theirs, no wonder they thanked me for my service, it was extra money in their pockets).

Sorry for the brief rant, not really sure who to tell or where to post this as noone at the dealer or hyundai really cares, they already got everything they could out of me.
Wow. What evil pieces of shit. Active service people and veterans are very special people.

Well a have a lil reassurance that your 500 military discount is not in their pockets. Unless they marked the car up 500$ and gave you a 500 “discount” dealers cannot get paid on incentives and have no way of keeping them.But sorry to hear you had such a rough time next time I would suggest more shopping. There are dealers out there that are more than happy to sell you a car and make it a easy experience. But there are a few shady ones that use old school tactics and the problem is corporate knows about them but they all they can do is take their bonus money and make getting floor planned harder but if they are marking cars up and demand is there the bonus money is pennies compared to the extra commissions from the mark ups

Well a have a lil reassurance that your 500 military discount is not in their pockets. Unless they marked the car up 500$ and gave you a 500 “discount” dealers cannot get paid on incentives and have no way of keeping them
Of course they marked the car up. I paid over MSRP as I mentioned. I even had to sign a piece of paper saying that I am really really stupid, and was forfeiting my $500 rebate for a "discount" on the car. Somehow I still paid significantly over MSRP with my discount. So yes, the $500 factory rebate that hyundai offers is literally going into their pockets.

That stinks!! I truly despise the dealers that take part in this. I get the free market principal but this just stink!! Especially regarding military discounts. I was fortunate enough to receive mine and still damn near had to take a DNA test to prove my service lol
Of course they marked the car up. I paid over MSRP as I mentioned. I even had to sign a piece of paper saying that I am really really stupid, and was forfeiting my $500 rebate for a "discount" on the car. Somehow I still paid significantly over MSRP with my discount. So yes, the $500 factory rebate that hyundai offers is literally going into their pockets.