• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Anyone noticed this......

Crocoman

Nthusiast
Dec 26, 2017
Scotland
From what I’ve seen in video reviews etc, you guys don’t have the HYUNDAI lettering on the left hand side of the back end....

Just the I30N on the right....

Looks better and a lot of the guys here in the UK (and further afield) have removed the lettering anyway, as it cleans up the look of the back.

Is that the way the car is being sold down under then?

Reactions: Aaron_N and ellroy
From what I’ve seen in video reviews etc, you guys don’t have the HYUNDAI lettering on the left hand side of the back end....

Looks better and a lot of the guys here in the UK (and further afield) have removed the lettering anyway, as it cleans up the look of the back.

Good spot! Maybe they just did that for the media vehicles? Either way I do prefer it without and will be debadging mine like the others on the forum.

Yeah I noticed that on the track day so I assume that's how it will be sold here. Only time will tell I guess!

Reactions: Aaron_N
If what the driver told me on F1 track day is true, the version we were driving is the exact spec (Aussie suspension tune etc) that will be sold through dealers.
Not sure if that extends to badging, however...

Reactions: ellroy

I thought I was the only one who had noticed it. I don't really mind with or without the Hyundai badge but would be curious if they removed just for the Australian market.
But it is the same case the current Focus ST, the ones that come out of the German plant like mine do not have the Focus badge on the back but the ones from the US plant do.

A lot of early videos seem to have different badge setups, and even some of the marketing pics don't have any badges. I think that they were just not sure what the final badge spec would be.

By including all the badges, it gives the owner the choice I guess.

I've just read a couple of articles and looked at a video with the Hyundai general manager of Australia saying that the Australian models will get a different more softer suspension tune than international models due to the horrible bumpy roads here in Aus.

Reactions: Mingy
Well spotted guys with the badges, it was decided all cars globally will have the i30 N badge on the R/H side rear and in Australia there is and wont be a Hyundai badge on the left like other countries. It was a great decision in my opinion........uncluttered.
The badged on the left side car you spotted in some media was our preproduction test car
Geoff (N Tech.. Sydney)

Well spotted guys with the badges, it was decided all cars Globally will have the i30 N badge on the R/H side rear and in Australia there is and wont be a Hyundai badge on the left like other countries. It was a great decision in my opinion........uncluttered.
The Badged on the left side car you spotted in some media was our Preproduction test car
Geoff (N Tech.. Sydney)

I agree, think you made the right decision there.
Awesome to see yet another Hyundai engineer on the board! Welcome!

Cheers, thank you its great to be here. Ive been sitting in the wings waiting to get time to get more involved and can hopefully answer some questions as they come up.
Gee maybe I could even get some sneak photos of components of interest to anyone on here as requested as I regularly have an N on a hoist or in the workshop playing.

Well spotted guys with the badges, it was decided all cars globally will have the i30 N badge on the R/H side rear and in Australia there is and wont be a Hyundai badge on the left like other countries. It was a great decision in my opinion........uncluttered.
The badged on the left side car you spotted in some media was our preproduction test car
Geoff (N Tech.. Sydney)
Welcome to the forums, Geoff! Any idea why the regular i30 has the i30 badge on the LHS but the N has it on the right, next to the N?

Reactions: NTRAK
All Australian cars in the Hyundai range have the model badge on the left side up until now, the high performance team (Team N) wanted the Global "N" market to have the badge on the same side so all cars look uniform in videos and photos which makes a lot of sense to me. I actually like that idea as it make it stand out even that little bit more compared to our regular i30's.

I agree, think you made the right decision there.
Awesome to see yet another Hyundai engineer on the board! Welcome!
Hey, Aaron, don't confuse me with an engineer, I'm just the dumbo PR bloke. Geoff actually knows what he's talking about, as does Philip Rodgers. Both are part of the N Performance operation and have done a lot of engineering and tuning work on the N car locally. https://www.facebook.com/NPerformance.AU/

Reactions: ellroy
Hey, Aaron, don't confuse me with an engineer, I'm just the dumbo PR bloke. Geoff actually knows what he's talking about, as does Philip Rodgers. Both are part of the N Performance operation and have done a lot of engineering and tuning work on the N car locally. https://www.facebook.com/NPerformance.AU/
Hi Bill, I was replying to @Geoff Fear, but you're right, we are lucky to able to talk directly with the N Performance "N-gineers". How many other enthusiasts have a direct line to the performance division!? It's beyond awesome!

Having said that, you're clearly no dumbo, and we're very lucky to have you on the forum! :cool:

Last edited: