• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Anyone Like Mountain Biking?

Never see them. Often hear something in the grass.

I have seen one actually, while walking the dogs

Reactions: R Veloster N
Well, I've been doing well with the bike. Got in 105.8 miles of riding over the past 7 days. Feels good, a challenge at my age and I'm grateful and thankful fo being able to do so. Elevation changes are nearly 600 + ft, everytime I ride and it makes a big differences in breathing and effort. Feels good! Hands went numb yesterday and had to shake them out.

Did the pump station hill, which is a direct 500+ accent and decent. It's seems a little daunting at first but it seems to come easier every time I do so. I try to challenge myself some days and keep it in the lowest gear. Don't always make it and have to shift.

I sure thank God for being able to do so at my age. I found that speed is not the idea but a slower pace and direct leg strength application, similar to rock climbing.

It's definately the best for my Diabetes Type II. Glucose reading have been well below "85 mg/dl and as low as 71 mg/dl between meals. Morning fasting after 12 hours has been below 95 mg/dl most days. It's a good thing as well. I know some of you have the same ailment and exercise really helps to curtail the insulin resistance.

All the Best and keep on pedaling!!:)

Reactions: GazmaN
A bit, I'm tired for sure. Ate a decent dinner and stayed hydrated. I can tell you for sure, I burned up everything I ate today and then some. Got to 36 and said what the heck it's only 4 more.:). Did over 108 miles in three days this week.
Need to rest now for a couple.;)

Last edited:
Reactions: GazmaN
Cycling around London is a tough go mate. Traffic as it was and most like worse, is horrible and the drivers rarely notice a cyclist. You got come cajones to cycle in London.:) 👍

Reactions: icelink
Cycling around London is a tough go mate. Traffic as it was and most like worse, is horrible and the drivers rarely notice a cyclist. You got come cajones to cycle in London.:) 👍
I've made another attempt at doing cardio. Not sure what's wrong with people lately but I had 4 instances of people walking into my path and another cyclist going in my lane and not seeing me until there was less than 1m left...

traffic wise it is bad, people are just not paying attention although with cycling lanes it's become easier. you have your own road. yet, then there is another problem of people being angry and intolerant. they overtake you at such stupid moments, go too fast, perform dangerous maneuvers, etc. even with something as simple as that, pleasure can be taken away easily

I discovered videos of a guy in States where he does cycling in different places, including lots of hill riding. I got so jealous... really want to do the same. almost to the point where I went and bought a gravel bike. glad I didn't splurge for now lol

Reactions: R Veloster N
Understand, we have such a variation of elevations here, you never seem to get tired of it. In my area alone there is nearly a 1200 fts variance from the lowest point to the highest. If I go across the valley to the mountains, it can vary anywhere from a couple thousand ft to nearly 12K ft.

Trails never end and the roads are just as tough. I can start in Placitas and ride up the back of Sandia Peak from 5K to nearly 12K ft on nothing but direct roads and trails. It's a beautiful ride as well.:)

Reactions: icelink