• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Anyone Like Mountain Biking?

icelink

Nthusiast
Oct 21, 2018
uk
Understand, we have such a variation of elevations here, you never seem to get tired of it. In my area alone there is nearly a 1200 fts variance from the lowest point to the highest. If I go across the valley to the mountains, it can vary anywhere from a couple thousand ft to nearly 12K ft.

Trails never end and the roads are just as tough. I can start in Placitas and ride up the back of Sandia Peak from 5K to nearly 12K ft on nothing but direct roads and trails. It's a beautiful ride as well.:)
I am jealous. That's the only sort of cardio you need and mental distraction!

UK does have some elevation too. for me to get there, I need to drive for some time :|

Last edited:

R Veloster N

Nthusiast
Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
Still grinding out the mileage on the bike and walking. When I walk, it’s 8-10 miles and biking 20+. I’m over 1500 + miles in the past 3 months. Legs are good but I was diagnosed with workout induced asthma. Oh well, it’s not going to stop me. :)

R Veloster N

Nthusiast
Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
Still hanging in there. 27 sessions this go round and 510 miles. Tis make well over 2000 miles so far. Walking sessions are 26 at 212 miles as of Monday.

Fett get a little sore after the walking but with the cycling nada probelmo. Just tired averaging 21 miles on each outing. :)

R Veloster N

Nthusiast
Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
Got in 21 miles cycling just now, on a nice 55 degree day. Could do any cycling last week, as it was in the teens so I walked and it was cold.🥶

Whew, it doesn't get any easier when you get older. 31 Sessions 586 miles cycling, 29 sessions 237 miles walking since October. Take some Phosphorus to clear out my lungs and a welcome break tomorrow.👍

R Veloster N

Nthusiast
Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
Took some photo of the distant mountain in Santa Fe;
OJDN9782.jpegQOPQ6689.jpeg
More snow on them this year then all previous years combined. These mountain tops are 13.5K and 14K+. So much for Global Warming. 😆👍

BeNNN

Nthusiast
Mar 3, 2019
Oz
I went for a ride today, had my 2015 GT Sanction given some big love recently at the shop and it is running very well.
Rainforest ride, hot n sweaty and a little wet.
It was so much fun.

Reactions: R Veloster N

JoeyPropane

Nthusiast
Aug 5, 2021
Cambridge, UK
This was my daily summer commuter/weekend trail weapon for a couple of years (then we had a baby and moved house and had to strip her down and sell her off :():

Did have a set of Lyrik's on there at one point, but they were massively overkill for the terrain I was riding (and not great for the 20 mile commute to/from work mostly on road...), so they were swapped for the 150mm Rev's. Nothing will ever beat raw alu frames.

Reactions: R Veloster N

R Veloster N

Nthusiast
Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
This was my daily summer commuter/weekend trail weapon for a couple of years (then we had a baby and moved house and had to strip her down and sell her off :():

Did have a set of Lyrik's on there at one point, but they were massively overkill for the terrain I was riding (and not great for the 20 mile commute to/from work mostly on road...), so they were swapped for the 150mm Rev's. Nothing will ever beat raw alu frames.
Aluminum frames are the only way you go for daily use. CF is great but if you drop it hard, cost is massive.

MLC64

Aug 29, 2021
North West
You don’t need wide soft saddles, get one of these, best sale ever for your backside!

R Veloster N

Nthusiast
Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
If you ride line I do, you’ll end up with prostate issues with a horned seat. I rode a 40 mile trip and couldn’t feel my genitals for three days.

There are two specific seats designed for this:

Spyder Flex ;

V-Seat;
The Spyder Flex is the better seat and worth every penny. You can ride all day long without any drawbacks or prostate issues.

Last edited: