• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Any VN owners with rear facing child cars seats?

Ricepuddin

Dec 30, 2018
Hawaii
One of the reasons I am considering this car is I can't use a car seat and have a none double amputee in my front seat at the same time.

Do any of you VN owners have rear facing seats in the back of your car ? If so is the passenger seat still usable?

One of the reasons I am considering this car is I can't use a car seat and have a none double amputee in my front seat at the same time.

Do any of you VN owners have rear facing seats in the back of your car ? If so is the passenger seat still usable?
Don’t have a child myself but I have seen people put car seats in the back. The front passenger seat is usable but like you mentioned you almost need to be legless to sit in the front seat.

Reactions: Ricepuddin
Don’t have a child myself but I have seen people put car seats in the back. The front passenger seat is usable but like you mentioned you almost need to be legless to sit in the front seat.
My wife is 5'2" so I don't need a lot of extra room. I'd imagine it's better than my BRZ. I guess when they finally call me saying theyve hit the island , I'll just have to bring the extra to test it.

Reactions: GazmaN
I am on Oahu , it is beautiful here but way too crowded. Did you stay in Waikiki or did you get out and explore the other sides of the island?
Yes, stayed in Waikiki but did heaps of exploring - North Shore beaches, Pearl Harbour, Pila, ran up Diamond Head and a ton of joints in between. Beautiful part of the world, beautiful people and hospitality. You are very lucky ;). Will go back and then hit Maui and the Big Island too. Pele was a bit angry whilst we were there so that restricted our movements a bit last time.

My wife is 5'2" so I don't need a lot of extra room. I'd imagine it's better than my BRZ. I guess when they finally call me saying theyve hit the island , I'll just have to bring the extra to test it.
If she’s vertically challenged like my GF (she’s 5 foot exactly) then you should be okay lol. But I would recommend going to a dealer and sitting in any of them because the dimensions between all veloster is pretty much the same.

Yes, stayed in Waikiki but did heaps of exploring - North Shore beaches, Pearl Harbour, Pila, ran up Diamond Head and a ton of joints in between. Beautiful part of the world, beautiful people and hospitality. You are very lucky ;). Will go back and then hit Maui and the Big Island too. Pele was a bit angry whilst we were there so that restricted our movements a bit last time.
honestly I am over it and ready to move back to the mainland. Well I am not over the scenery, just everything else.

If she’s vertically challenged like my GF (she’s 5 foot exactly) then you should be okay lol. But I would recommend going to a dealer and sitting in any of them because the dimensions between all veloster is pretty much the same.
I am going to wait for the N to get here to try it, I am not wanting to deal with salesman just to test it out. Found one article online that says rear facing seats fit well but are a bitch to set up. Which is fine