• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Annoying driver's side rattle when bass hits

ultraviolet

Feb 12, 2019
Los Angeles
I've got just over 1k miles on mine and it's already developed a super annoying rattle when I'm playing music and bass hits.

Bass is not maxed on the EQ, and I don't blast my music (volume has never gone above level 15). It's on the driver's side and seems like it's coming from where the side mirror attaches to the door. I know prior gen Velosters had issues with the dust covers coming unglued but it doesn't seem like it's coming from the speaker area.

Before I have the dealer start dismantling my door panel - anyone else having a similar issue?

padigree

Staff member
Apr 1, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Have you tried to Knock on the panel? Maybe there is something not screwed correctly or just a Clip which need some help to click in. Do you hear it if you shake your door? I would give it a try. Should be fixable without any dealer.. :)

CF2000

Aug 4, 2018
USA
I'm getting this but it's coming from the front passenger side panel. I'm hesitant to ask the dealership to look into it. Once they open up the door panel once I have a feeling things will just get worse.

Reactions: S.R.Nation

ultraviolet

Feb 12, 2019
Los Angeles
I'm getting this but it's coming from the front passenger side panel. I'm hesitant to ask the dealership to look into it. Once they open up the door panel once I have a feeling things will just get worse.
Yeah, I'm with you. I'll wait it out a bit to see if it goes away on it's own...maybe I'll take a crack at opening it myself if I can figure out the source or area the rattling comes from. It really sounds like a nut is loose around the side mirror so I'm thinking it might just be one of bolts/nuts that affix the mirrors to the body. Either that or something loose around the speakers.

lordll

Aug 7, 2019
Madrid
Yeah, I'm with you. I'll wait it out a bit to see if it goes away on it's own...maybe I'll take a crack at opening it myself if I can figure out the source or area the rattling comes from. It really sounds like a nut is loose around the side mirror so I'm thinking it might just be one of bolts/nuts that affix the mirrors to the body. Either that or something loose around the speakers.
Did you figure out what it was? I have a vibration inside the passenger door. Looks like if a cable or something was hitting a metal part when the road is quite rough.

ultraviolet

Feb 12, 2019
Los Angeles
Did you figure out what it was? I have a vibration inside the passenger door. Looks like if a cable or something was hitting a metal part when the road is quite rough.
Nope - could be a loose bolt or something. It doesn't bother me enough to keep asking the dealer who won't do anything anyways. There's so much plastic in the door panels we may need to dynamat or something.

Nomad17

Dec 21, 2018
USA
I've noticed if I squeeze the armrest/door "handle" (not the handle that opens it, but what you pull to close the door) the bass rattle stops immediately. This is a probably a different rattle than what you have though.

lordll

Aug 7, 2019
Madrid
I've noticed if I squeeze the armrest/door "handle" (not the handle that opens it, but what you pull to close the door) the bass rattle stops immediately. This is a probably a different rattle than what you have though.
This is exactly what happens to mine also!