• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Wheels Alloys on cars with pics thread

have been a bit slacking taking some pics.....but i finally got my Koya SF13's and Michelin PS4's put on the other week. The all black just looks way better imo than the two tone rims from factory. the place that did it buggered them up and forgot to put the TPMS on even though i told them 3 times, classic.

i'm not sure if something else has been stuffed up but i think i might need to take them back. I'm finding way more pull, like as in i never experienced any pull when putting down the throttle previously. I took a corner not even that fast after a set of lights and I was in 2nd gear and it pulled me hard to the right i actually had to actively steer back to where i should have been. this has happened maybe two or so times apart from that, the other times have been on uneven/bad roads but still i never had this issue with the pzero's. plus these are roads i go on all the time.

anyone else experienced less stable steering (probs a better term available) with the PS4's?

Attachments

• p1  1.PNG
    p1 1.PNG
    716.9 KB · Views: 216
  • p22.PNG
    p22.PNG
    1,005.2 KB · Views: 211
have been a bit slacking taking some pics.....but i finally got my Koya SF13's and Michelin PS4's put on the other week. The all black just looks way better imo than the two tone rims from factory. the place that did it buggered them up and forgot to put the TPMS on even though i told them 3 times, classic.

i'm not sure if something else has been stuffed up but i think i might need to take them back. I'm finding way more pull, like as in i never experienced any pull when putting down the throttle previously. I took a corner not even that fast after a set of lights and I was in 2nd gear and it pulled me hard to the right i actually had to actively steer back to where i should have been. this has happened maybe two or so times apart from that, the other times have been on uneven/bad roads but still i never had this issue with the pzero's. plus these are roads i go on all the time.

anyone else experienced less stable steering (probs a better term available) with the PS4's?
This sounds like a steering angle sensor issue, there's some other topics floating around this forum as well as i30n facebook groups reporting the same thing

not necessarily. I personally experienced it on stock wheels, and it went away after I went to 18"s.
@BoyRacerN, try turning off lane keeping assist and see if it comes back
yeah i've got that turned off. we are back in lockdown (melb) so once we are out i will give hyundai a call and drop it in. bit annoying tho, now i dont feel confident putting the power down as much

MOMO Revenge, 19x8.5 ET45 with Michelin PS4S 235/35R19:

wTEQ28T.jpg

NfhuqFR.jpg

Bit more than dead flush. I bet on scrubbing when you lock the steering on full travel. Good example why this combination often can't get acceptance at the german TüV. How accurate are the austrian guys.
Good looking anyway!

Reactions: Bu11eT
Bit more than dead flush. I bet on scrubbing when you lock the steering on full travel. Good example why this combination often can't get acceptance at the german TüV. How accurate are the austrian guys.
Good looking anyway!
I'll have to take a closer look today, but chances are that I'll get them accepted, since someone in Austria managed to get that wheel/tire dimension combo accepted on their i30N already.

MSW 85 - 18x8J ET45, stock suspension and brakes with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetric 5 - 225/40 R18 92Y
Best alternative I've seen to the OZ Hyper GT HLT and over half the price per wheel ;)

PXL_20210605_122910271~2 (Custom).jpgPXL_20210610_124456611 (Custom).jpgPXL_20210610_124443312 (Custom).jpgPXL_20210610_124400463 (Custom).jpgPXL_20210610_124335133 (Custom).jpg

Last edited:
Good looking anyway!

Drove a bit again, even some full-lock corners (parking garage) and so far no scrubbing from what I can tell. Let's just hope everything goes okay with TÜV, they're quite picky here.

I was going to swap rims when I bought mine but have decided I do not mind the factory ones after all, may decide to go with the new ones on the 2021 model when I see a car in a show room which could be quite a while now as I believe Hyundai have lengthy delays.3.jpg2.jpg

Hmmm, this wheel business is hard. I love the look of those Momo Revenge wheels, but Norwegian laws say you cannot increase the outer position by more than 7.5mm per wheel...

Stock ones are 8J ET55, Which means, if I have understood everything correctly, if I want to stick with 19" wheels, I will have to find something that is 8J ET48 or greater, or 8.5J ET54 or greater.

Not a lot of options there...
Exceptions can be approved with TUV papers, but not very easy to know which ones have that for this specific car.

Last edited:
Think I'm going to be going for BOLA B1 in Bronze, 19x8.5J ET45 on Cooksport lowering springs (20mm front 25mm rear). I think the bronze will look great against the red paint!

Attachments

• DSC_0023.jpeg
    DSC_0023.jpeg
    894.8 KB · Views: 59
  • B1-MB-F_29255_600.jpg
    B1-MB-F_29255_600.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 56
Yeeeees!! Zestino RS!! The Semi I want if I convince myself to buy an third wheel set just for the track.
But on ET45 too much for the fender width as far I can see. My choice will be 225/40 on 8x18 ET45 or 50.

Yeeeees!! Zestino RS!! The Semi I want if I convince myself to buy an third wheel set just for the track.
But on ET45 too much for the fender width as far I can see. My choice will be 225/40 on 8x18 ET45 or 50.

yep its quite close. Gotta see how it works out in 2 weeks at the bilster berg.
Wanted an 8.5 wide wheel as I am planning on running those rims as my winter tires when I finally have the budget to get myself a proper track tool

Reactions: Shadow-Flo
Where did you buy the Zestinos? Which DOT, price? Sorry, but from now on I will ask you monthly how you deal with them Gredges.😜

• Haha
Where did you buy the Zestinos? Which DOT, price? Sorry, but from now on I will ask you monthly how you deal with them Gredges.😜

got them directly from zestino france, they accidently send me the wrong tires first, but they were super kind and helpful and I got the correct set just a few days later - can definitely recommend them :)

Regarding DOT, I'm not sure tbh. Just went and checked but I am missing the calendar-week/year combo. only got the code DOT 1KA4 on them, so no clue what that means.

Paid around 590€ for 4 tyres.

Reactions: Shadow-Flo
yep its quite close. Gotta see how it works out in 2 weeks at the bilster berg.

How was it? I was planning to buy motecs but they are out of stock for some more time. Shop suggested me those Clubracings but I'm afraid of 8,5" width and ET45. Should I be worried?