• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Suspension and Chassis Alignment Thread

Anyone have any suggestions for off center steering wheel? Only 15k miles on the car and I have had two alignments already. They help for a month then the wheel needs to be cocked to the right to drive in a straight line. Alignment tech has also said he's not sure what else could be causing it, I was thinking possibly tires. Thanks in at for the help!

How did you install those camber bolts (KCA414)?
I have contacted Whiteline though facebook minutes ago and they told me that they have tried and they don't fit
:oops:

The SPC Camber Bolts 14MM for the 2019-20 HYUNDAI VELOSTER N work great and are easy to install as well.
spc__20733.1558294130.jpg

The Whiteline Camber Bolts are 14 mm as well so they'll work equally as well.

tn_16_05.jpg
tn_KCA414.jpg

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO
The front cannot be adjusted without bolts.

The rear is adjustable but I have not yet tried adjusting it. My car seems to have about -1.5 degrees in the rear from the factory.

The factory service manual indicates that a car from the factory should have:

Front:
Non-PP: -0.65 deg
PP : -0.80 deg

Rear:
Non-PP: -1.5 deg
PP: -1.7 deg

Two bolts in the front struts (i.e., a camber bolt in each strut to knuckle hole, which is not recommended but this car eats outer tire shoulders for breakfast on track, so I'm trying it out) has gotten me to around -2.5 to -2.8 degrees front. I haven't maxed out one of the bolts yet so can probably get another .25deg or so up front this way.

Using bolts reduces wheel to strut clearance as well, so watch out if you have wider/high offset wheels. For reference my track wheels are 17x8.5 et 42 with 245/40r17 RS-4s and I have enough clearance at my camber levels.

I am also curious about the maximum negative camber adjustment on stock bolts if anyone knows?
On the VN you can adjust the front. With offset camber bolts you can get + or - 2.5 degrees camber. If you utilize two sets about 3.0. The stock configuration will a lot about 0.80 degrees + or - .

Post your alignment setting in this thread.

Stock Alignment (I had 1100 miles on the car)

Installed these Camber Bolts and went in for an alignment:
https://www.whiteline.com.au/product_detail4.php?part_number=KCA414

The difference is huge. I took it on my regular canyon runs and the turn in and sweepers are so much better. I was getting tossed around in my seat a lot more...
How has your tire wear been with this setup? Do you rotate often? What tires are you running?

Wear with -1.9 degrees camber would be negligible over the OEM setting. When you push it to -2.5 or 3.0 is where you'll see a change in wear characteristics. This amount of camber is not needed on the street, only the track. Negative 1.9-2.0 is more than sufficient for street use. :)

Reactions: Shredosaur