• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Suspension and Chassis Alignment Thread

Dan_bush27

Nthusiast
Mar 19, 2018
UK
youtube.com
Trying to see who has what information on the factory geometry and try to compare them all, as Hyundai uk yesterday refused to give the info out to a garage I used over the phone, Paul I know kindly is sending me his he has but for others in the future that wish to get back to an oem factory wheel alignment setting, think we will all find it useful

Reactions: paul-h
Hi folks,

Thought we could collate some alignment data in here for reference.

This is my standard (suspension wise) i30N Performance. Ignore mileage on the sheet there was an extra 7 added!
lOruX9w.jpg

Feel free to add some more. Add spec of car I.e any suspension changes.

Are those factory settings that have been tweaked to get them more right? or are they bespoke for you?
Did the front end feel more direct when the toe had been corrected?
how many £££s?

Mine feels as though it pulls to the left a bit so thinking of getting alignment checked.

Are those factory settings that have been tweaked to get them more right? or are they bespoke for you?
Did the front end feel more direct when the toe had been corrected?
how many £££s?

Mine feels as though it pulls to the left a bit so thinking of getting alignment checked.

The top was as it was after 3k odd miles. The new setting (besides the caster that is in the red) is what the manufacturer states it should be +/- their tolerance.

The car felt like it had a lot of toe out before alignment and it felt much better afterwards. It was only just toe’d out before too. I think these cars are very sensitive to geometry changes as @Dan_bush27 found out.

@paul-h, not having a go, but wanting to learn, why would they not change the right front caster angle and report it as out of tolerance on the car after setup?

@paul-h, not having a go, but wanting to learn, why would they not change the right front caster angle and report it as out of tolerance on the car after setup?

Caster isn’t adjustable. It is what it is unless you get eccentric top mounts, those really rubbish eccentric lower arm bushes or modify the lower ball joint somehow. It’s not that far out at all in reality so not really an issue.

Reactions: speedking
Got this a week later after asking from
Hyundai uk....
View attachment 2538

Another typo: 19” front/rear ride height should be 353/366mm not whatever numbers they have in there - assuming tbe inch values are correct.

Anyway, why are the front rear ride heights so different with the 19” compared to them being very similar with the 18” rims???

Pretty scary that there are this many typos in a document from Hyundai?

Would someone be able to confirm, I've just had a look at my tires, now done 11700 miles.
The outside and inside edges look very worn but the centre section has an even, roughly 2.5mm of tread left. There is a slight ridge of rubber at the edges before it becomes sidewall. Both sides look identical.
Normally edge wear on both sides of the tyre suggests under inflation, but I keep on top of the pressures.
Would this be down to alignment, or just how I've driven? I haven't tracked it but I'll admit I don't hang about!

Would someone be able to confirm, I've just had a look at my tires, now done 11700 miles.
The outside and inside edges look very worn but the centre section has an even, roughly 2.5mm of tread left. There is a slight ridge of rubber at the edges before it becomes sidewall. Both sides look identical.
Normally edge wear on both sides of the tyre suggests under inflation, but I keep on top of the pressures.
Would this be down to alignment, or just how I've driven? I haven't tracked it but I'll admit I don't hang about!
Any chance of a picture?

Just because you use the values from the manual doesn't mean that you have the correct pressures.

As the pressures are set cold, if you do short start-stop journeys they will never reach operating pressure.

But, I think those tyres are scrubbed by conering. Mine looked the same when swapped out at 14000 miles.