• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

ICE Alarm issues (UK)

Mine goes off anytime,any place no pattern to it at all.When Hyundai get there hands on it probably won't do it..
Mine didn't go off for 2 weeks when they had it... Bloody typical! They moved the module in mine and its been fine since. For those of us who suffer with the alarm sounding but no flashing indicators, it seems that the module position is the solution.

Reactions: Manted
Mine didn't go off for 2 weeks when they had it... Bloody typical! They moved the module in mine and its been fine since. For those of us who suffer with the alarm sounding but no flashing indicators, it seems that the module position is the solution.
That's the problem with mine possibly.I have no indicator flashes either,you mention 2 weeks.I thought the week they want mine for was long enough.Glad yours is resolved.

After feeling rather smug that my car seems okay I've now had the alarm go off 6 times within half hour!!

Like others it was as just sitting on the drive. No flashing indicators, and the ubiquitous 3 chirps when unlocking car.

Seems to have shut up now I went and opened and closed all doors, bonnet and hatch. Fingers crossed.

It's bloody ridiculous this is an ongoing issue with these cars in the UK. Mine is an Oct 18 car and I expected this to have been fixed. Alarm clearly isn't fit for purpose if they need "tweaking" after fitment.

That's the problem with mine possibly.I have no indicator flashes either,you mention 2 weeks.I thought the week they want mine for was long enough.Glad yours is resolved.
It could have been resolved in 1 afternoon if they had just changed the module. The service I received was atrocious and they would have had the car longer still if I didn't keep visiting them personally so they couldn't fob me off. I understand they wanted to see if the alarm would go off but they know it is an issue and they revived the technical advice from hyundai UK quite quickly once they bothered to ask. Try and direct them to look at the module position first.

Mines started playing up again.
How are people leaving theirs unlocked overnight as mine keeps automatically locking itself??

Will be popping the bonnet and leaving it open if it goes off again!!

Mines started playing up again.
How are people leaving theirs unlocked overnight as mine keeps automatically locking itself??

Will be popping the bonnet and leaving it open if it goes off again!!
If you unlock the car and don't open boot or doors it will auto lock itself.Unlock the car and open a door and it shut it again then it shouldn't lock itself.Get it booked in and sorted out,mines behaving again and goes in Monday

Reactions: loafer-N77
Managed to stop mine eventually by setting the alarm off "properly" (flashing indicators and everything). Problem was it then wouldn't turn off using fob!!
Only way was to start car, so there I am driving around the block earlier hours in my PJ's lol.

Parked it up, locked it and it's been quiet as a mouse ever since. It just seems to get confused and then resets after an engine cycle?!

Either way, it's crap.

Reactions: MarkMark and Manted
Does anyone know where this module thingy is in the car? I'm guessing it's hidden away somewhere?!

Does anyone know where this module thingy is in the car? I'm guessing it's hidden away somewhere?!
I don't know what it is exactly or why moving it would have an effect. I assume it is the control box and I also assume the sensors are attached with wires so I I can't see why the position would make a difference, unless it contains tilt sensors. Either way Hyundai are aware of it because they provided my dealer with instructions on how and where to move it to.

From what I was told if you lock your car manually by inserting the key into the door it locks the car without activating the alarm.

Has anyone confirmed the above to be the case?
(EDIT: Seems to have done the trick!!)

My car was fine all weekend afer its massive brainfart Friday evening and is now doing it again after driving it to work. Currently sat unlocked which is not ideal (although at the moment I don't think I'd be that bothered if somebody stole it :mad:)

Last edited:
Has anyone confirmed the above to be the case?
(EDIT: Seems to have done the trick!!)

My car was fine all weekend afer its massive brainfart Friday evening and is now doing it again after driving it to work. Currently sat unlocked which is not ideal (although at the moment I don't think I'd be that bothered if somebody stole it :mad:)
I understand how you feel,felt exactly the same last week with mine.Went off twice Thursday afternoon booked in for today with Hyundai,and I haven't heard a peep from it since I booked it in.They know the alarm can have issues and I will point them in the direction of the module being moved.

I understand how you feel,felt exactly the same last week with mine.Went off twice Thursday afternoon booked in for today with Hyundai,and I haven't heard a peep from it since I booked it in.They know the alarm can have issues and I will point them in the direction of the module being moved.

Keep us updated, I'll be straight on the phone to Hyundai this morning!

Well this alarm issue is a bit farcical to be honest.Dropped the car off and went in armed to the teeth with the knowledge we all share on here and mentioned the module position might need moving and felt that they were listening.It is a common fault the lady explains,we will keep the car until the alarm goes off,then investigate why it's going off and then get Vodaphone over to look at it.I explained it's very intermittent going off several times a day or not a peep from it for a week.Anyway they are not touching it till it goes off as they have procedure to follow it's very annoying.

Mines booked in for next week and I've been told they'll need it for the day (maybe 2 if parts need ordering).
Said when on phone Hyundai UK know about it and have fixes to follow.

If they turn around next week and say they need it until it goes off I'll just be coming straight home again!!

Mines booked in for next week and I've been told they'll need it for the day (maybe 2 if parts need ordering).
Said when on phone Hyundai UK know about it and have fixes to follow.

If they turn around next week and say they need it until it goes off I'll just be coming straight home again!!
I was thinking the same thing I don't want to leave it more than a day or so as I've not had it long and was looking forward to using it at Easter

Well I have my car back got the call to pick it up this morning.The alarm didn't go off but they got on with moving the module and turning the sensitivity down.Hyundai themselves have done this,I think it's bull about getting Vodafone out to sort it.Fingers crossed this is an end to it

Well I have my car back got the call to pick it up this morning.The alarm didn't go off but they got on with moving the module and turning the sensitivity down.Hyundai themselves have done this,I think it's bull about getting Vodafone out to sort it.Fingers crossed this is an end to it
Fingers crossed its sorted
How long was it with them