• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Interior Air Conditioning

Rem_i30N

Aug 28, 2020
England
Hello everyone,

Just want to share my feelings about the air conditionning from my i30N and see if others have the same on their car.
First when I start the air cond. their is a small noise which is almost inaudible but I can still hear it if my car is stopped at a traffic light for example (however I think this is totally normal).
Also when air cond. is ON I feel like something is shaking. I can feel it from the pedal when the car is stopped. As soon as I tunr air cond. OFF it stops. It is really strange as it feels like if the engine or something has small failures and create that shaking...
The last one is, I usually keep the temperature to 20°C which is good but when I start sporty driving with nice accelerations :) the température from the air cond. goes up and exceed 20°C for sure. I guess it is because the engine is producing lots of heat but it's a bit annoying as I have to stop the air cond. and then have to swith it ON again later when the interior temperature is colder.

Please feel free to share your exeprience with the air conditioning from Hyundai or just give advices ;)

R Veloster N

Nthusiast
Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
More than likely as in the VN you're feeling the AC Compressor drag on the engine and causing the minor shaking. It will also cause a difference at idle. The noise is most likely coming from the compressor as well. I believe what you are feeling and experiencing is normal. :) 👍

Reactions: Rem_i30N

Nomad17

Nthusiast
Dec 21, 2018
USA
Possibly the warmer air from heavier acceleration is from it disengaging the ac to increase available power to the wheels? I hardly use ac and haven't confirmed if it does this or not.

Jajodu

Nthusiast
Nov 11, 2018
Bishops Stortford
Are you saying the idle speed drops when you turn on the Aircon?
If so there's a pressure switch on the Aircon pipes that alert the ECU so that it increases the idle speed to compensate. Perhaps it's faulty or not even connected.

Reactions: Rem_i30N

Rem_i30N

Aug 28, 2020
England
Are you saying the idle speed drops when you turn on the Aircon?
If so there's a pressure switch on the Aircon pipes that alert the ECU so that it increases the idle speed to compensate. Perhaps it's faulty or not even connected.
I don't think the idle speed drops, it's only a strange feeling that something is shaking. However I will try to check again exactly what happens because usually I notice it when I am at a traffic light so no time to do some tests.