• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

After the P Zeros have gone..

Stash-N

Nthusiast
May 24, 2018
Adelaide Australia
I see several tyre posts from the Europeans and those from the UK but wonder if any AUS owners have seriously started looking at what to buy once that first set of Pirelli P Zeros start resembling racing slicks? If anyone has done some pricing too all the better. Let us all know.

I have gone to Bridgestone RE003's in 18", paid $870 for 4 tyres, very happy with grip and road feel. (4 for the price of 3). But I must admit, I do get more wheelspin under very hard acceleration, as the torque required to rotate wheels that are the same diameter and 3.8kgs lighter is less, though my engineering skills are very limited, so by how much less I am not sure. Technically they should make The Beast faster, but not sure without testing against a stock N.

Possibly would have gone with the PS4s if they had been in stock at the time,

Last edited:
Reactions: Stash-N
That moment you realise the ads are displayed according to your search history.
I'm aware of this, and while I will neither confirm nor deny the ads may based on my browsing history, for some reason when they started putting ads on the site, this showed up!
Still made me laugh, though ;)

No Bridgestone, Yokohama or Michelin on the test.... unusual, as I think they are three of the bigger, and better regarded tyre brands in Australia.

Why would you even bother testing the HiFly, Laufenn and Nexens?????? The Nittos are equally as bad as the Achilles, but at least the Achilles are dirt cheap.

Surely people who buy this car are not so stupid as to put utter garbage on the corners of their performance car?

Another reason I stopped buying Motor a long time ago.

Eagle f1 asymmetric 3s. Tempted to preorder when they're on special and have them lying around ready but have no space for them. I don't even have my car, yet I'm thinking about these things already.....

This is where I plan on getting my tyres from in the future as you can choose a tyre fitment centre close to you. Might save yourself some money as 19" tyres aren't cheap. Search criteria I've used is the same specs as the current pZeros.

At time of posting, pZeros are on special for another day too if anyone wants to pre-purchase some more.

Change the location up the top as it has defaulted to the act.

https://www.tyresales.com.au/search...35&rim=19&load=91&speed=y&sortby=pricelowhigh

Last edited:
I've not bought from tyresales but I've read that some people who have found the tyres are some times old and that's why they're cheap. Not sure if it's possible to know the build date before you buy.

I've not bought from tyresales but I've read that some people who have found the tyres are some times old and that's why they're cheap. Not sure if it's possible to know the build date before you buy.

Would explain why they're so cheap if so.

Anyone care to update the tyre situation? Especially interested in AUS owners and the mileage attained (with some indication of the driving style / track days etc)
Very keen to see what tyres were purchased after the Pirellis and how they are performing on the car both from a grip and a mileage point of view.