• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

A little advice

d4nei30n

Nthusiast
Oct 13, 2020
North
I’m patiently waiting for a used shadow grey hatch to come up in the market!!
patience is running abit thin,as nothing seems to be coming up at the moment. There’s only one that has come up on recent searches that is an ex demo 2000 miles and is £25,900 which is out of my price range. Iv seen recently cars go on Hyundai sites with 2000-3000 miles go for £22,500 or just above and was wondering peoples opinion, will the prices be dropping anytime soon or will garages be offering any sort of discount with the new facelift model coming out in the next couple of months. Cheers

I’m patiently waiting for a used shadow grey hatch to come up in the market!!
patience is running abit thin,as nothing seems to be coming up at the moment. There’s only one that has come up on recent searches that is an ex demo 2000 miles and is £25,900 which is out of my price range. Iv seen recently cars go on Hyundai sites with 2000-3000 miles go for £22,500 or just above and was wondering peoples opinion, will the prices be dropping anytime soon or will garages be offering any sort of discount with the new facelift model coming out in the next couple of months. Cheers
Have you tried haggling with the dealership? It often works, if you don't ask you don't get.

We got a 2019 (Registered Dec 31st) Performance Blue with 5000 miles for £22995 back in November.

The prices seem reasonably stable. But I would try haggling for sure and if you have a price range/ceiling then go for it. Shadow Grey will be one of the more scarce cars I would think....

good luck

Thats the kind of price I would be ok paying,and have seen some cars go at that price in past couple of weeks.
That’s one thing Iv never done is haggled and something I will try, like u say,don’t ask don’t get!
Definitely right on the shadow grey being rare,seem to be waiting for ages for one to pop up!

Reactions: Crocoman
Thats the kind of price I would be ok paying,and have seen some cars go at that price in past couple of weeks.
That’s one thing Iv never done is haggled and something I will try, like u say,don’t ask don’t get!
Definitely right on the shadow grey being rare,seem to be waiting for ages for one to pop up!
Have you tried Carwow?
I've used them as a bargaining tool.

ex demo nah i wouldn't touch it but personal preference. It is expensive tbh also

i agree to be honest. There should be low mileage cars that Joe public have had, where there circumstances have changed and the car has had to be sold.

demo cars have, by and large, been thrashed.

Reactions: GazmaN
I ve bough't a demo car. It was 2 years old with 10k km. It was like new, no signs of wear other than tires that I actually user one more season.

Oooo me to in the "brought a demo" gang .
Been solid as a rock, sweet gearbox, strong engine etc etc.

But yes, the original post example is waaay too much asking price.

In my opinion getting a 'ex demo' car is like rolling the dice, with your eyes closed.
Unless the car was sitting inside the showroom and has maybe few hundreds of km/miles , then you can potentially buy something that was trashed in tests/reviewed etc .

Would you really want to get that ?

In my opinion getting a 'ex demo' car is like rolling the dice, with your eyes closed.
Unless the car was sitting inside the showroom and has maybe few hundreds of km/miles , then you can potentially buy something that was trashed in tests/reviewed etc .

Would you really want to get that ?

To be honest that's a risk with this car in general when buying used

Demos are generally driven by dealership managers or on customer demonstrations. They're run in short bursts under supervision of the sales staff. Won't say they aren't run with a bit more gusto but this can be to the advantage of the engine and drivetrain breakin.

They comes with the same warranty as a new car and are generally serviced quicker then a new car. They can be purchased at a thousands lower than a newly arrived car. When purchasing one, it's a simply matter of understanding how the car is utilized and paying attention to how it performs.

I've bought numerous demonstrator cars in the past and had very good service from them. When you purchase a used certified I will agree your accepting a previous owners problems or issues. I rarely buy used unless I'm aware of the service record of the car.

We purchased a certified used Lexus RCF Sport with 1500 miles and a full factory warranty. No problems or servicing issues.