• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Engine 300WHP Finally Achieved with Only an Intake & JB4 (w/i30N ECU settings)

1FastStagea

Dec 9, 2018
Canada
I think we’re going to need a separate thread for JB4 results and support.

I have been able to successfully use the fuel bias option to modify lambda all the way up to redline.
Good idea, I'll make a new thread...

Interested to hear the details of your fuel adjustment experience because it doesn't do anything for me near redline for some reason. Maybe it's the location of where I tapped into the O2 signal, on the engine harness side vs. the sensor side?

GenG70

May 2, 2019
Canada
Good idea, I'll make a new thread...

Interested to hear the details of your fuel adjustment experience because it doesn't do anything for me near redline for some reason. Maybe it's the location of where I tapped into the O2 signal, on the engine harness side vs. the sensor side?
Sensor side is the white wire right?

Reactions: Cygnus X-1

Cygnus X-1

Jul 25, 2018
US
CSV log from his 304whp run attached. These are using different settings from what I'm currently running since he is still using the stock cat/downpipe/exhuast whereas mine is a 3.5" catless dp to a 3" midpipe. It won't let me upload a CSV file directly, so I'll attach a google drive link below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YM0devPB2t35BzGsA4TfIAdBv5zSJf7n/view?usp=sharing
He dyno’d in 2nd gear? This log only has a 2nd gear pull. Would prefer to see 3rd & 4th gear pulls.

You might be able to fake the site out by using a different file extension.

1FastStagea

Dec 9, 2018
Canada
He dyno’d in 2nd gear? This log only has a 2nd gear pull. Would prefer to see 3rd & 4th gear pulls.

You might be able to fake the site out by using a different file extension.
That's the only log he sent me with his latest mods that were used in his latest dyno session... I can get a few more once the roads dry up here (it's been raining for like 2 weeks straight)

rafaryfc

Jan 12, 2021
Puerto Rico
Okay first off let me say in advance that it is TECHNICALLY 1whp short BUT! Still a huge deal I think as no other piggyback, module or flash so far has reached these kinds of numbers (of course correct me if I'm wrong).

@RPM8300 and I have been working on a customized map for the JB4 for our Velosters to see just how much power we could squeeze out of the (mostly) stock components. With only an enclosed aftermarket air filter (stock intake tube and everything else), the i30N PP ECU settings (flashed onto the VN ECU) and my custom map he managed to put down 299whp and 355ft lbs at the wheels yesteday. Runs were performed on 91 AKI/95 RON octane fuel, ambient temps listed in the graphs below (~10 C/50 F). There was no ping/knock detected during the pulls.

The dyno graph is a bit cluttered, so I'll explain the differences between each of the pulls below. Starting from lowest power to highest:

260/261whp - stock ECU settings (JB4 disabled)
275whp x2 - Map 1 on JB4 enabled (15 PSI tapering to 12 at redline)
281/285whp - Map 2 on JB4 enabled (16 PSI tapering to 13 at redline)
286whp/287whp - Map 3 on JB4 enabled (18 PSI tapering to 13 at redline)
298/299whp - Map 6 custom settings on JB4 enabled (20 PSI tapering to 14 at redline)

View attachment 5081Interestingly enough, there's a decent power/torque difference between the i30N PP and the VN's ECU mappings. It's less evident with my custom map than with the pre-loaded maps power-wise, but there's a ~31nm difference in peak torque between the two as well which is quite noticable.

He has a module that allows him to flash his ECU with either the i30N PP or the stock VN map, and he actually dyno tested with both of them in the same session with the same JB4 maps enabled to see just how different they would perform. As with the previous graph, there's multiple pulls and JB4 map changes between each one as follows:

247whp - Map 0/JB4 disabled. Stock power figure for VN with the aftermarket intake (which adds 12whp alone I might add!)
263whp - Map 1 on JB4 enabled (14 PSI tapering to 11 at redline)
274whp - Map 2 on JB4 enabled (16 PSI tapering to 11 at redline)
278whp - Map 3 on JB4 enabled (18 PSI tapering to 12 at redline)
286/287whp - Map 6 (custom) on JB4 enabled (20 PSI tapering to 12 at redline)

View attachment 5082
You can see there's a 12whp and 31nm (23 ft lbs) difference with the same JB4 settings between the i30N and Veloster N. Very disappointing for us VN owners, I'm pissed at Hyundai for neutering our cars!

Regardless though, this is some cool info!
So you got the i30N ECU and flashed it? and later you put the JB4 and got more out of the engine?
The results you got the almost 300 whp you where just using a aftermarket intake air filter and nothing more ?