• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i30uxk

Apr 30, 2022
United Kingdom
3 weeks in and almost 1000miles with the vehicle , the more I drive it the less I use other modes other than N Custom. Normal for startups (early mornings) & m-way cruising.
I am yet to fill up standard petrol over momentum but must at same point to acknowledge some sort of difference.

Did a return trip to Yorkshire Wildlife park last weekend, some backroad sending and dual carriage cruising / dropping gear to pull or overtake all in N custom and the mpg once again was sensational , not many stops even with roundabouts in the way. All the animals hiding the shade during the mini heatwave though!

Loving the backroads, but the grime/dead bugs and flies is tiny bit annoying as well as hearing them all just splatter against the front of the car. Full outside wash only £7 but its becoming a weekly thing, on the side starting to buy my own products so I can wash her myself.

Sunday afternoon, slightly damp roads but had some small pull runs vs an m140i... Unsure if stock mechanically but visually had much nice rear diffuser than stock, wheels, LED lights and full tints too.
Two complete different classes of car , but the i30 did not get gapped by a silly length. This car in 2nd tends to squiggle a little as expected but 3rd/4th gear pulls in a scenario like this and you really feel that torque coming through. 5th is probably where the 140i says goodbye but fun and sensible nonetheless. Before I purchased this vehicle it was always praised for the great handling traits but I also find the straight line speed fairly impressive.

Finally to round off, underneath the little sponges near the bonnet strut my right side sponge seems to be unsticking a bit. Any reccomendations for what type of glue to use as it doesn't seem to be super strong adhesive glue. I'll attach an image of what I mean.

I would also like to ask if anyone has had any experience with an GAP insurance firms that they would recommend based on past experience?

Cheers :)

MPG & Bonnet Sponge -

Reactions: FBNBP and KawaiiiO
3 weeks in and almost 1000miles with the vehicle , the more I drive it the less I use other modes other than N Custom. Normal for startups (early mornings) & m-way cruising.
I am yet to fill up standard petrol over momentum but must at same point to acknowledge some sort of difference.

Did a return trip to Yorkshire Wildlife park last weekend, some backroad sending and dual carriage cruising / dropping gear to pull or overtake all in N custom and the mpg once again was sensational , not many stops even with roundabouts in the way. All the animals hiding the shade during the mini heatwave though!

Loving the backroads, but the grime/dead bugs and flies is tiny bit annoying as well as hearing them all just splatter against the front of the car. Full outside wash only £7 but its becoming a weekly thing, on the side starting to buy my own products so I can wash her myself.

Sunday afternoon, slightly damp roads but had some small pull runs vs an m140i... Unsure if stock mechanically but visually had much nice rear diffuser than stock, wheels, LED lights and full tints too.
Two complete different classes of car , but the i30 did not get gapped by a silly length. This car in 2nd tends to squiggle a little as expected but 3rd/4th gear pulls in a scenario like this and you really feel that torque coming through. 5th is probably where the 140i says goodbye but fun and sensible nonetheless. Before I purchased this vehicle it was always praised for the great handling traits but I also find the straight line speed fairly impressive.

Finally to round off, underneath the little sponges near the bonnet strut my right side sponge seems to be unsticking a bit. Any reccomendations for what type of glue to use as it doesn't seem to be super strong adhesive glue. I'll attach an image of what I mean.

I would also like to ask if anyone has had any experience with an GAP insurance firms that they would recommend based on past experience?

Cheers :)

MPG & Bonnet Sponge -
Get a tube of black silicon from screwfix.