• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Suspension and Chassis 24mm whiteline bar knocking

AidenI30N

Oct 4, 2019
London
Hi, has anyone had any trouble with the whiteline 24mm rear anti roll bar making a knocking noise ? We’ve been under the car multiple times trying to find the source of the noise but can’t find anything, everything is tight, I’m assuming the whiteline drop links are faulty, thanks.

Did it start after installing Whiteline ARB? Because it is much more stiffer than Oem, it might be that something else started to make noise because of that. Whiteline rear drop links are pretty short and Im not sure that they can make remarkable noise. Did you also checked ARB bracket bolts that they are tight?

Did it start after installing Whiteline ARB? Because it is much more stiffer than Oem, it might be that something else started to make noise because of that. Whiteline rear drop links are pretty short and Im not sure that they can make remarkable noise. Did you also checked ARB bracket bolts that they are tight?
It started straight after installing it, everything is tight, we have re-tightened everything 4 times, I have the 22mm bar on mine with no issues, my dad has the 24mm bar on his and is getting this loud knocking noise, thanks.

any pictures of how its fitted as i am look at getting one myself and from your comments 22mm is the way to go

I'm sorry, I don't see where 5 persons are complaining about the 24mm bar knocking. I have the Whiteline 24mm Bar installed front and rear and I'm not experiencing any knock.

Did you install the stops as provided?

I'm sorry, I don't see where 5 persons are complaining about the 24mm bar knocking. I have the Whiteline 24mm Bar installed front and rear and I'm not experiencing any knock.

Did you install the stops as provided?
5 people off of the Facebook owners group have experienced problems with the 24mm bar.

Yes, everything is installed as per the instructions.

Has anyone of those 5 people contacted Whiteline for this issue ?
3 of us definitely have, I can’t speak for the other 2 as they have reported the issue to the supplier rather than whiteline themselves, whiteline have given some advice on what to check but then stop replying.

When you installed the bar, did you release the lower shock mounts? The reason why I ask is, if you did and the spring on either side rotated slightly out of place, it will cause a knock/pop when you hit a bump or corner hard. There's a common denominator here somewhere.

Did you install the bar or did you have it installed?
Are you utilizing the OEM endlinks?
If not and are utilizing aftermarket endlinks, how did you adjust them?
Did you keep them to the same length, go shorter or longer?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan_bush27
When you installed the bar, did you release the lower shock mounts? The reason why I ask is, if you did and the spring on either side rotated slightly out of place, it will cause a knock/pop when you hit a bump or corner hard. There's a common denominator here somewhere.

Did you install the bar or did you have it installed?
Are you utilizing the OEM endlinks?
If not and are utilizing aftermarket endlinks, how did you adjust them?
Did you keep them to the same length, go shorter or longer?

No, I didn’t release the lower shock mounts as it did not say to do this In the fitting instructions, i installed the bar myself with the whiteline drop links and adjusted them as per the instructions and the bar is sitting exactly how it should according to the pictures I have sent to whiteline.

Whiteline have replied acknowledging that there is a problem with the 24mm bar due to complaints over the last few weeks and are looking into it.

Reactions: Speeder
Any news ?
Whiteline have said they are looking into the problem, one of the other member that has been complaining about the noise has put his standard bar back on and the noise has stopped, he has asked whiteline to exchange the bar for a 22mm one.

New update....

Hi Dan,

Guys in R&D think the saddles may be flexing – They are planning to get a car in and add longer bolts and hardened washers to the saddle for trial and see if this cures the issue.

This could make sense as when i previously removed the saddles to grease the bushes and then re fit and tightened the saddles, the knocking stopped for a day or 2 before returning

Let’s hope Whiteline can get to the bottom of the problem and then ship us all out the remedy

Hy, any news on solving the problem ?

Pretty annoying this. just purchased a 24mm and now don’t want to fit it! If there is an issue why are they still selling them 🤔

So the fix for the 24mm bar.......is to not buy the 24mm version?!

Presumably you can get full refund on it?
(Not the point, I know!)

Reactions: R Veloster N
So the fix for the 24mm bar.......is to not buy the 24mm version?!

Presumably you can get full refund on it?
(Not the point, I know!)
I requested to exchange the 24mm bar for a 22mm bar but this was ignored, but I was told that they thought the bar may be too stiff for the stock rear beam bushes and that it may be causing the brackets they supply with the kit to twist and knock on the rear axle, they were looking at supplying thicker brackets and longer bolts, as of today my 22mm bar is still silent but my dads 24mm bar knocks.

Reactions: R Veloster N