• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

2010 Hyundai i30 CRD

Beck

Feb 19, 2018
Hi I’ve had my 2010 Hyundai i30 for about 6 years now, recently I had an issue with my engine light come on and black smoke come out of my car my car was struggling keeping up the speed limit. Got it looked at, got told it was my EGR valve. So I got a new one put in, and I’m still having the same issue with my car with the speed, and black smoke but my engine light did go off. I’ve had it looked at no one can seem to figure out what’s causing my issue has anyone had the same sort of thing or know what it could be caused from would be much appreciated

Hi I’ve had my 2010 Hyundai i30 for about 6 years now, recently I had an issue with my engine light come on and black smoke come out of my car my car was struggling keeping up the speed limit. Got it looked at, got told it was my EGR valve. So I got a new one put in, and I’m still having the same issue with my car with the speed, and black smoke but my engine light did go off. I’ve had it looked at no one can seem to figure out what’s causing my issue has anyone had the same sort of thing or know what it could be caused from would be much appreciated

Internet diagnosis barely ever works. Not many if any of us will have much experience with the normal i30 I don’t think.

Your best bet would be finding a good garage with good diagnostic equipment as that fault could be any number of things.

Given the purpose of this forum, I think we can all collectively agree that the best fix for your problem is to buy an i30 N ASAP! :D