• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Tyres 18 x 8.5 35et

I saw a picture somewhere of a winter set of rims that were offered by the dealer yo a veloster N customer. I am trying to find the picture and the rims, but havent been able to trace down that thread. It's a long shot, but does anyone remember seeing a thread where people were debating on the rim manufacturer? I think the rims had a full name ( guys first and last name) and the rims looked great on the car.
The only one I remember seeing is a setup similiar to this which is just the non PP wheels.

Attachments

• 91689099-E95C-465E-B878-66257558B44D.jpeg
    91689099-E95C-465E-B878-66257558B44D.jpeg
    623.6 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: Daveloster
Wait a minute... those stock strut bolts are actually adjustable cam bolts?? Well damn, wish I knew that before. So they basically act like aftermarket camber bolts where they change the camber depending on the position you turn them to?

That's odd because from the pictures I saw when I googled that part # it seemed as though they were just regular bolts with no cam on them, whereas you can clearly see the cam on the Whiteline bolts I bought.
FYI, the Hyundai parts ARE just regular bolts and offer no adjustment. I have 2 in my hand.

FYI, the Hyundai parts ARE just regular bolts and offer no adjustment. I have 2 in my hand.

If that's the case, it makes no sense that changing the bolts to another set of OEM bolts would change any alignment specs (especially as drastic as 1 degree) unless the newer bolts fit loosely into the strut allowing you to pivot the strut slightly and gain camber. Doing that would be very dangerous though because it no longer fits snugly and can move/break.

If that's the case, it makes no sense that changing the bolts to another set of OEM bolts would change any alignment specs (especially as drastic as 1 degree) unless the newer bolts fit loosely into the strut allowing you to pivot the strut slightly and gain camber. Doing that would be very dangerous though because it no longer fits snugly and can move/break.
That's correct. I spent $11 so nobody else makes that mistake.

I thought 'It doesn't have the same kind of adjustability. It's a stock bolt for other car' was a sufficient explanation, but apparently not. The bolt will fit loosely since it's diameter (approx. 12mm) is smaller than the stock bolt (approx. 14mm), and those 2mm difference in diameter is what gives you additional -1.0°. I wouldn't say it's very dangerous but it's true that it's somewhat weaker than the stock and your car will have a tendency to go out of alignment (however, the latter also happens with adjustable type bolts only somewhat lesser degree). To me, the camber bolt is just a temporary solution until the camber plates come out onto the market.

I saw a picture somewhere of a winter set of rims that were offered by the dealer yo a veloster N customer. I am trying to find the picture and the rims, but havent been able to trace down that thread. It's a long shot, but does anyone remember seeing a thread where people were debating on the rim manufacturer? I think the rims had a full name ( guys first and last name) and the rims looked great on the car.
is this the set you were looking for ?

Attachments

• 4414346B-2926-4855-933D-07F6489BF490.jpeg
    4414346B-2926-4855-933D-07F6489BF490.jpeg
    393.8 KB · Views: 70
Wait a minute... those stock strut bolts are actually adjustable cam bolts?? Well damn, wish I knew that before. So they basically act like aftermarket camber bolts where they change the camber depending on the position you turn them to?

That's odd because from the pictures I saw when I googled that part # it seemed as though they were just regular bolts with no cam on them, whereas you can clearly see the cam on the Whiteline bolts I bought.
What was the part number of the Whiteline bolts you went with?

How did these work out for you ? I fit my new wheels on the car and I’m running into rubbing issues on the factory fenders front and back. So running some degree of camber is going to be a must

Still waiting for my wheels to come back from powdercoating and still need to order my H&R springs before I throw the bolts in and do my alignment... Hopefully should all be done within the next couple of weeks but we'll see.

Reactions: Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS
there will be a problems even with 8” wide wheels with ET35. Im running -1.75 camber in front and ET35 works fine but with oem camber you can’t use ET35 wheels.

Yeah our car isnt a fan of +35 offset have the same set up on winters. Too much offset. Sucks cause there are way way way more options at 18x8.5 35 et than 18x8.5 48 et which is probably about what we need.
It does suck the car looks extremely aggressive with this setup but I’m going to have to run Atleast 1° of camber front and back to prevent these tires from wearing out in 1k miles. I took it out for a good run after mounting them and it handles like a dream with minimal wheel spin on launches but I’m already developing a groove on the sidewalls..