• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

1500km Service Issues

I30Elite

Mar 23, 2021
Adelaide
Hello All.
I took my car in for its 1500km Service today. Around 2 hours later I got a phone call saying it was ready to be picked up. Upon arriving I noticed it was still in the workshop with the bonnet up. As I spoke to the service people they said there was a computer update that needed to be done, however for some reason it had crashed half way through and now the car will not start and they can not get the update or anything at all to install. They apologised and said they are waiting for hyundai to get back to them. I was sent home and told they will call me in the morning. Just seems extremely odd to me. Anyone heard of this or know anything?

Thanks
Darren

Jns_i30N

Dec 29, 2020
GER | Saarland
You can destroy your system by stopping the update in the middle of the "working".
But thats "just" bad for your GPS System and all that stuff but not for the engine.

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
They have to dump the ECU and update, then upload the original software, which can be done with the GDU. That I'm aware of, there are no ECU updates available for the i30N. With exception for the VN knock software update.

Worst case scenario, they have to replace the ECU.