• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

1 per dealership?

Nomad17

Is it true this is a 1 per dealership car?

If so, what is normally the best way to get a color not stocked within 600 miles? Buy from afar and pay for shipping or would a local dealer typically be able to get it for me at a lower cost? I would rather not road trip the break in miles.

NULLOBANDITO

Staff member
I see you're from the USA, so this might be a bit different for you, but in Europe it currently works kinda like this: Hyundai heavily underestimated the success of the i30N and only produced around ~2500 cars IIRC. A few dealers got multiple ones and put a premium on them. However they were rather quickly gone and a ton of orders started piling up for cars, a bunch of which were dealers trying to get some cars into inventory due to the i30N's shortage. Because of that Hyundai pushed back inventory cars and prioritzed cars buyers already signed on so they could get them into people's hands quicker.
What this has caused right now (atleast in germany for every dealer I went to before finally getting a proper finance on the N I wanted) is that dealers most of the time only have 1 car at hand for test drives and to show to people, but can't get any into inventory unless the demand goes down enough.

So Hyundai might be trying to avoid dealerships trying to horde them and then sell them at a premium when there's a shortage after release. Which would mean that you could more or less go to any dealer and expect the same delivery time so they have less of a say on price.

Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS

Is it true this is a 1 per dealership car?

If so, what is normally the best way to get a color not stocked within 600 miles? Buy from afar and pay for shipping or would a local dealer typically be able to get it for me at a lower cost? I would rather not road trip the break in miles.
This is absolutely 100% true I work for Hyundai and our inventory Rep confirmed this. And Goodluck getting the color you want.. you will prob be stuck having it shipped to you because our dealer rep also told us to bolt this car to the showroom floor and dont budge off of price because it will be a bit tilll we get another one and these cars will be worth their weight in gold. But good news is this is only for right now. The VN is NOT a limited production vehicle and the availability will be much better in about 6months.

R Veloster N

Dude seriously, get a life you're being a leach! This forum isn't your personal sales tool.:p

t's not true for us, I work for Hyundai as well and I've already had 2 and 2 more on the way. I currently have a VN Performance Blue with the performance pack sitting on my showroom floor ( I work for the dealer) we're selling at MSRP, NO ADDITIONAL MARKUP $29,970. Please let me know if anyone is interested.

Like Reply

Last edited:
It’s not true that dealers are only getting one per dealership the on I work at currently has number 2 with 2 more allocated for next month.