• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

0-60 time

Howy

Yep your right but I was just wondering if when the engines are run in whether overall fuel consumption improves and whether flower gives better mpg compared with ordinary petrol.

Crocoman

Yep your right but I was just wondering if when the engines are run in whether overall fuel consumption improves and whether flower gives better mpg compared with ordinary petrol.
I am curious about Super and ordinary unleaded. Think it will get better though with miles.

Scottukl

I only ever use super (v power or Tesco 99) so my figures so far are commute 24mpg (26 miles a day mainly traffic) and up to 38 cruising gently.
Seems to even out around 30mpg combined.

DanCam

I haven't got close on damp roads. Struggled to get below 7 the couple of times I tried.

Have you tried to activate the launch control yet?

I tried and it worked the 1st time, then I couldn't seem to activate it again but not sure what had changed. I didn't actually launch I just got the display up and then backed out of it.

Scottukl

The handbook says the launch control is only activated again after 3 minutes of normal driving to cool the parts down. The Nissan GTR has the same fail safe systems. I had it on my Subaru but it was very hard on the car to use it so I will try it soon but if you get the biting point right, it's quite easy to get a good launch yourself.
I'll try it when the roads are nice and dry with hot tyres :)

DanCam

Makes sense Scott. Really glad one of us read the manual :).

I would just launch manually anyway. Launch control is mega on sports cars / high end performance cars with paddle boxes. Providing conditions are right the way it pins you in the seat and the noise etc is an amazing experience.

Not sure that translates to a fwd hot hatch. But fair play to Hyundai for giving us the option.

If you want to see a road car launch I advise watching the latest 911 GT3 RS. Think it launches at around 7500rpm and due to being rear engined with wide sticky tyres it just motors. Don't get me started on the noise.

Infact I will just add the clip. Enjoy if you haven't seen before.

This thing has loostened up really nicely - well worth running them in carefully I reckon. Pulls like a train now and feels faster than the figures suggest.
Out of interest, what mileage are you on?

I'm just about to go over 500 miles, I was going to give it to 1k before I give this a go.