• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Wheels Wheel Offset & Implications

Been toying with changing my wheels over but using the stock size PZero's (235/35/19)

Looking at 8.5x19" ET45 as these are by far the easiest to get hold of but slightly concerned about one comment on here regarding the extra stretch on the 235 tyre causing a harsher ride?

Has anybody else running 8.5" wide wheels on 235/35 noticed any negative effects on the ride?

Has anybody else running 8.5" wide wheels on 235/35 noticed any negative effects on the ride?
I drive 8.5" on the PZero and did not notice any negative effects on the ride. Drives even better but that's cause of the weight of my wheels compared to stock.

Reactions: loafer-N77
I drive 8.5" on the PZero and did not noticed any negative effects on the ride. Drives even better but that's cause of the weight of my wheels compared to stock.

Thanks! I plan to go lighter as well so hoping to improve things also.

The P Zeroes are narrower than other 235 tyres so they get stretched a little over 8.5". I didn't find them any worse but now that I'm on 18" wheels, with 40 profile tyres, ride comfort can't be compared.

Yeah. The PZero do have visible stretch. I will change to Michelin PS4S next saison. They are a little bit wider.

Reactions: MPSFunjet
I‘ve ordered Sparco Assetto Gara 8x18 ET45 yesterday for winter setup. First tire choice is 235/40 but i‘m a bit concerned if they do really fit properly in the front at FULL travel and locked steering. If it won‘t fit, I‘d have to do a really annoying change to 225/40.

i’d say 235/40 on 8x18et45 should fit perfectly well since 235/35 on 8x19et40 and on 8,5x19et45 fit fine as well.

I‘ve ordered Sparco Assetto Gara 8x18 ET45 yesterday for winter setup. First tire choice is 235/40 but i‘m a bit concerned if they do really fit properly in the front at FULL travel and locked steering. If it won‘t fit, I‘d have to do a really annoying change to 225/40.

I've got 8x18 ET45 as my winteroptions and there were no issues last winter.

i’d say 235/40 on 8x18et45 should fit perfectly well since 235/35 on 8x19et40 and on 8,5x19et45 fit fine as well.
Biggest problem is, that most guys drive on their original Pirellis on 8,5x19 ET40 or 45. They are nearly 15mm narrower than 225/45 R17 Hankooks, which I measured last week! I think those guys will be surprised when changing the tire brand. I have the german TüV issue, the tire has to fit at the fenders in every position of travel and steering.

Hi i30 N owners, I am also joined for the club with a Fastback N :) and want to ask somebody who has already experiment with different ET number wheels. What is the effect to the steering and stability of 10mm difference (ET45 VS the standard ET55)? Especially by powerful acceleration or braking during bad conditions (the Wheel on one side has more grip as on the other). Torque steering is stronger?
Thanks a lot.

Hi i30 N owners, I am also joined for the club with a Fastback N :) and want to ask somebody who has already experiment with different ET number wheels. What is the effect to the steering and stability of 10mm difference (ET45 VS the standard ET55)? Especially by powerful acceleration or braking during bad conditions (the Wheel on one side has more grip as on the other). Torque steering is stronger?
Thanks a lot.
My summer / track wheels are 18x8 ET48 so they sit slightly more flush with the arches. Absolutely no negative affect on the driving, cornering, acceleration, torque steer etc. The car felt much nicer on turn in and pointy at the front end as the 18 inch wheels were much lighter.
Car front spolier.jpg

Thanks for sharing your experiments. First I want to order an OZ Hyper GT HLT 18x8. But I was not sure how it will be working with ET45. I ordered finally a Motec Ultralight 18x8 ET50. But I would like to get something lighter wheels also for summer maybe next Year. And after your comment I am more confident to get a wheel with ET45 also. Thanks again.

Reactions: Scottukl